Skip navigation
Biff McNasty
Currently Being Moderated

Need big help creating PDF/X-1a compliant document.

Apr 20, 2012 11:34 AM

Hi all,

I have tried this on my own but cannot make it work as I am not so computer savy. I have created all the files to specifications as best I can but when I try and use the preset PDF/X-1a it says violation both artbox and trimbox for every page. Ive tried fixing this manually and by using Preflight but it doesnt work for me. Can someone please help me create a PDF/X-1a complient document? I am desperate as I am trying to do this for a friend who needs my help. Looking for a good savior/Samaratin for help. My email is [email removed by host] Any help at all would be greatly appreciated either in an answer here or an email.

Thank you in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 7:05 AM   in reply to Biff McNasty

You might consider going back to the original document and printing to the Adobe PDF printer (or use PDF Maker if applicable) and select the PDF/A settings file. See if that does the job for you. If so, it is probably the easier way than to try to clean it up in Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to Biff McNasty

Well, trim marks can be set in Acrobat. You can also create some custom preflight profiles to do that. Although I guess what Bill@VT meant was to print to Adobe PDF printer using File->Print option in Photoshop (Not File-> Save as PDF). But would like to work on the file to check it. Can't really suggest an exact step to try without looking at the file. Can you provide one?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 1:09 AM   in reply to Biff McNasty

Hi Kevin,

I ran Preflight profile 'Convert to PDF/X-1a' and it converted the file properly. There is another profile 'Verify PDF/X-1a '. Kindly use that to verify if your PDF is properly converted.

nJoy!

~Sandeep V.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points