Skip navigation
pbon2
Currently Being Moderated

Where can I find details about video editing in CS6?

Apr 10, 2012 9:30 AM

It looks like CS6 treats video adjustments almost like layers, but the screen interface does not really show whether that is so. Is it? Also, I am curious what default file format is being used by the File Save As dialogue where video is concerned. It only shows a PSD format but the saved file seems to act like the original MOV file. And the MOV format is not actually offered as an option. Can I get more details about these issues? BTW there are some great new features!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to pbon2

File > Export > Render video will give you the Adobe Media Encoder for export using different compressors when using video.

The PSD options in the Save As dialog is so you can go back in and work on it again later!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 12:49 PM   in reply to pbon2

Here's another video editing how-to, this time from Richard Harrington and Rafael Concepcion: http://vimeo.com/39066559

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to pbon2

When working on video in Photoshop, the original video file is linked to the PSD project file, so that all of the edits you make will only be saved with the project file and/or exported out with a new rendered video file.  Note also that if you move the original video file to a different location on your hard disk, it will have to be relinked to the PSD project file it's associated with.  There is no way to save over the original opened video file.  You can either export as a new video file or save a PSD project file to save your edits.  Edits appearing in Photoshop will appear in the exported (rendered) video file.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to Pete.Green

My "Adobe Media Encoder" is greyed out. It will not let me select it. Do I have to have the Premier Suite to use the video features of CS6? My CS6 is also hanging up quite a bit when editing video. I also have CS5 installed, could there be some conflicts?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 12:19 AM   in reply to EKGMarketing

Hi, EKGM, See this post about Media Encoder Restrictions that you are maybe hitting: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4284091#4284091

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points