Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Testing JavaScript in Live View

Apr 14, 2012 2:24 PM

When I test simple JavaScript in Live View, I sometimes inadvertently get caught in a loop (using an alert for example). Other than ending the exe process, is there a way I can escape out of such loops? For example, when testing JavaScript in Firefox, you are given the option to stop the alerts.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to Shan-Dysigns

Can you post an example script that is causing a loop?  I don't know what to say at this point, but if it's a certain code that is causing this issue it could be something the developers need to look into fix in which case you would need to post a bug report.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Also is this, Mac/Win or both? and what version of the OS?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 3:25 PM   in reply to Shan-Dysigns

This has nothing to do with a particular script, OS, or platform.

Ok so it happens that you are thrown into a loop on both the Mac and Windows versions of Dreamweaver in Live View.

It could be any script which puts me into a loop.

If there's code we can test, that would be better.  But at the heart of the issue you seem to be missing my point.  I don't know if DW has the ability to debug or stop the script from executing or if it's a particular loop or code execution that is causing the DW lockup, thus the loop you are unable to escape.  This might be better handled as a bug report/feature request that I pointed you to so that the developers can examine your issue and maybe separate the Live View from DW (eg: sandbox it) so that it can be force shut down without forcing DW to quit.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to Shan-Dysigns

Hi

If you end up in a loop in live view, deselect live view and correct your code.

PZ

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points