Skip navigation
Cocuted
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 4.1 not support new Olympus E-M5?

Mar 31, 2012 3:58 PM

i have see this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

and i see Lightroom 4.1 RC only add Canon EOS 5D Mk III

 

Where is E-M5 RAW support?

Lightroom 4.1 Final support it?

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to Cocuted

    See here which cameras are supported in Lr4.1:http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2012 3:22 AM   in reply to Cocuted

    V 4.1 is a release candidate so you can keep your fingers crossed and it might make it in the final version.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to Cocuted

    what is a typical turn-around time from release of a new camera to Lightroom support?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to 1yen

    1yen wrote:

     

    what is a typical turn-around time from release of a new camera to Lightroom support?

     

    3 months maximum for most cameras. Some with odd sensors (Fuji and Sigma, mostly) can be much, much longer.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to Cocuted

    Cocuted wrote:

     

    but fast includes depends on Adobe? o depends on Olympus?

     

    I get the impression that Adobe discriminate a little Olympus

     

    Ridiculous.

     

    Releases are about four times a year.  Support is nearly always added in the next release.  Exceptions are if the camera is released just before a release where the code is already finished or if the sensor is unusual and requires additional development.  The camera to which you are referring was announced just at the wrong time.  Period.

     

    If these idioitic camera makers would just adopt DNG, support would be there instantly with no required work from Adobe.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to Lee Jay

    Is there a reason why Olympus or Panasonic lenses are not supported by Lightroom then?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to Cocuted

    Cocuted wrote:

     

    Lee Jay wrote:

     

    Ridiculous.

     

    Releases are about four times a year.  Support is nearly always added in the next release.  Exceptions are if the camera is released just before a release where the code is already finished or if the sensor is unusual and requires additional development.  The camera to which you are referring was announced just at the wrong time.  Period.

     

    If these idioitic camera makers would just adopt DNG, support would be there instantly with no required work from Adobe.

    Release dates:

     

    2012-02-07 Nikon D800

    2012-02-08 E-M5

    2012-03-02 Canon 5Dmark III

     

    D800 and 5dMarkIII includes now and E-M5 not ¿?

    Those are announcement dates, not release dates.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 1:40 PM   in reply to 1yen

    1yen wrote:

     

    Is there a reason why Olympus or Panasonic lenses are not supported by Lightroom then?

     

    4/3 lenses?  Their corrections are integral.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to Cocuted

    my advice.. think before you write!

    Cocuted wrote:

     

     

    I get the impression that Adobe discriminate a little Olympus

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to 1yen

    1yen wrote:

     

    Is there a reason why Olympus or Panasonic lenses are not supported by Lightroom then?

     

    the distortion correction is afaik part of the lens design for m43 lenses and the correction parameters are included in the raw file. 

     

    ACR and LR both support these corrections and apply them without the need for lens profiles

    so it´ not a lightroom problem more a user education problem.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to Lee Jay

    @Lee Jay this is only true for m4/3 system not for 4/3.

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points