Skip navigation
joe bloe premiere 4,391 posts
Dec 6, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

What's the best third party hardware for CS6 Adobe Mercury Transmit?

Apr 12, 2012 5:21 PM

I'm ready to pull the trigger!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 5:37 PM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

I must adnit I am biased. AJA makes reliable solid equipment and has the best tech support. My experience on the Mac with the Kona 3 card and CS 6 has been a very positive one. You pay a bit more than BM (that sounds gross) but I feel better about the product all the way around. Now I use it in conjunction with a Panasonic "engineering" monitor which takes the SDI out of the Kona 3. Your needs may vary from mine.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:02 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Hey lasvideo, you're not by chance using the Panasonic BT-L2150PJ are you?  I've been wondering how good those are for a reference monitor.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:07 PM   in reply to illucine

I got it 4 years ago. Its the BT-LH2600w. I find as a QT and client monitor its great. But its probably a relic not available in the current market. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

Looking forward to seeing the new drivers in action.  I tried a Kona 3G card a few years ago and lost all realtime playback when working with Red media since the Kona timelines in Premiere CS5 didn't enable the Red Rocket card.  Mecury Transmit sounds like it will solve this as you're no longer needing to work with Kona timelines.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points