Skip navigation
klowndbp
Currently Being Moderated

ATI HD 6000 / 7000 series support in CS6?

Apr 13, 2012 5:35 AM

Hey all,

I've been planning on snagging a GTX 570 for a while, for my upcoming use w/ Adobe Premiere. Are ATI cards being supported more w/ CS6? I may have to rethink my purchase if they are, since it appears that some of the ATI cards offer better bang for the buck in my price range.

Thanks,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 7:09 AM   in reply to klowndbp

No AMD/ATI support has been announced for PC's with regard to hardware MPE acceleration, so nVidia is still the better BFTB.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 4:40 PM   in reply to Harm Millaard

hey Harm, hope I have my facts right, but in PcPro's review of premiere cs6, they actually mention support AMD cards through OpenCL for atleast those cards that apple uses. I'm guessing and hoping that we could hack the ini's and get other cards working as well. It is on page 3 of the premiere cs6 review.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 10:21 PM   in reply to jaqen

Actually, upon CS6's initial release, only the HD 6750M and HD 6770M GPUs inside MacBook Pros and iMacs will be officially supported in the OpenCL portion of MPE's GPU acceleration - and only on those systems running OSX 10.7 or higher. Desktop Radeon cards and those running in Windows will not be officially supported initially, and thus will likely be stuck in software-only mode until an update becomes available.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points