Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sign Mac OS X Petition: FREE Upgrade CS6 ... 5.5 does not perform as advertised. :(

Apr 12, 2012 1:20 PM

Let me begin by retiterating many of my posts about the poor perfomance of the Master Suite using Mac OS X.

It is clear that other users feel the same way .. and I have yet to experience a error free workflow.

I was flabbergasted about the new CS6 claims .. and that as far as I can tell .. CS 5 ( 5.5 ) never lived up to the advertisment.

Please comment.

I will be glad to go into details if necessary.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

If this is the basis of your complaint..

"... poor perfomance of the Master Suite using Mac OS X.."

then you have a very precarious case. Why? I have a Mac Pro running on OS X very nicely thank you. With lots of excpetions like me around, your experience seems not to be ALL USERS  and more related more to your configuration.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to lasvideo

Yes, please go into details.  I'd like to know specifically what claims Adobe made that didn't live up.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

Moved to the Lounge.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

PP- Sorry , I never had a 12 core.

No software is immune to issues. Your supposition says it nver lived up to its promotion. Thousands of folks will disagree with you on that point.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

You are confused. Definately not me. Never had a MBP or a 12 core.

Feel free to continue this thread . I will leave you to it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

Jeff transfers my post into some obscure forum few Mac Users read. Thanks Jeff.

This topic definitely belongs in the Lounge.  Sorry if you disagree.  Unless someone with more clout than me overrides my decision, it stands.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

"In Adobe Premiere® Pro CS5, the revolutionary native 64-bit, CPU- and GPU-accelerated Mercury Playback Engine provides rock-solid performance and stability

Thanks.

I do have an issue with the wording "rock solid performance and stability."  I think I've groused about that very wording before myself.  I think that was a brazen and ill-chosen phrase of marketing-speak.

I'm on a MacPro 3,1, 10.6.8, Pr5.5.2.  Pr fails to export on occasions, and I have to relaunch or reboot to get Pr working again.  So, I wouldn't call that "rock solid performance and stability."  But, it hasn't left me high and dry and unable to finish working.

I think most of the crashes and sudden exits I've experienced have been due to corrupt footage, drivers for my Kona card, and with third-party plug-ins.  I've done a few projects with only one kind of footage and native effects, where I think it would be reasonable to call the experience "rock solid" and "stable."  So, I think that phrase can be true, under certain conditions, which is why the lawyers gave it the OK.

I would say that we're entitled to a working version of the product that we paid for.  If the next version has bugs that weren't fixed in the previous version, then I might agree that you have a case.

But, before we determine that it's the software at fault, and not your configuration, hardware, third party drivers or plug-ins, why don't you post your issue back in the Pr forum, be specific and detailed, and maybe we can build a case that it is indeed Adobe who has fallen short.  Application developers need to have a repeatable issue that will befall similar configurations before they'll admit that a problem exists.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 2:05 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther
    As far as my experience  ... This statment has never lived up to it's promise.

That's too bad, because my experience on a self-built Windows 7 machine really has lived up to the promise.  And I'd venture that applies to most folks using the suite on Windows 7.

Granted, it does seem Mac folks have issues Windows folks don't, so I leave you to draw your own conclusions there.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 2:14 PM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

> I accuse the moderator involved ( who is not a Mac user ) of conspircy to quell disgruntled customers from sharing their experience .. and being compensated by Adobe to do so.

Jeff is doing nothing to "quell disgruntled customers from sharing their experience". He's simply helping to clear non-technical conversations and rants from the forum where technical conversations are supposed to take place. The Lounge is not some invisible holding pen. It's linked to from the home page of the forum, and threads here get hundreds or thousands of views.

Also, the moderators (other than Adobe employees like me) are not compensated to do anything here. They're just trying to help.

If you want to be certain of getting an answer from Adobe, then you need to go through the Technical Support channels:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

This is a user-to-user forum, and there should be no expectation that any issue will be addressed here by Adobe personnel. We help out here in our free time as we choose.

Regarding your displeasure with the software that you paid for: We're sorry that you're not happy with it. If you contact Adobe Technical Support, they'll help you with your specific issues.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:08 AM   in reply to Pharther Phurther

As my wife would say "and you want WHAT" I think you stand less of a chance to getting a solution to your problem sorted, I can only remember one time that Adobe relented when PPro1 had major problems Adobe came to the table with PPro1.5, I cannot see you getting any further with your problem. I understand your anger and frastration, I had it with Avid products as whole, Adobe(CS4 nightmare) even with Canopus Edius pro5.At the end of the day you may have to do a total upgrade to PC and or CS6.just my 2cents

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points