Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I rearrange or remove the tools in the tools panel?

Apr 15, 2012 12:28 AM

There seems to be way too many tools in the tools panel for me. Many of them I will rarely, if ever use. Is there any way I can rearrange or remove some of them? It would unclutter the screen immensely.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 1:15 AM   in reply to tw93

No, it can't be done.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:22 AM   in reply to tw93

No. Adobe apps are not skinnable. You can however adjust the UI color in the prefs to some degree...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:35 AM   in reply to tw93

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to tw93

Some of the tools can be removed by simply quitting Illustrator and removing the plug-in that creates them from the Plug-ins/Tools folder. For example, if you never use the Symbolism tools, remove the Symbolism plug-in. Note that some of the plug-ins may be "required," and Illustrator will complain about their absence, so don't throw any plug-ins away, just move them somewhere safe so you can put them back if necessary.

DF

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to tw93

Also, note that many tool (groups) can reside on separate small panels (click on the tiny column to the right of a tool group to create them).

If you then hide the whole Tool panel, the small panels will still be visible and accessible.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 12:12 AM   in reply to tw93

I'm sure you'll like the new Custom Tools Panel in Illustrator CC. Do take a look at the feature video here: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-illustrator-cc/custom-tools-panels-in- illustrator-cc/

Cheers!

- Neeraj

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points