Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"No Parking" symbol in elements 9 Organizer thumbnail

Apr 8, 2012 7:53 AM

I filtered my photo collection for images of a particular person. The result was 2 images of the person concerned, both tagged correctly, and over 100 images of a totally unrelated event with no metadata or tags relating to the person I had searched/filtered for. The thumbnails of these images were marked with a tiny "No Parking" symbol at the upper right of the thumbnail. What does this symbol mean ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2012 9:01 AM   in reply to pacman110

It means the items do not match.  Use the "Options" dropdown near the top of the screen to "Hide items that do not match".

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2012 12:24 PM   in reply to pacman110

Yeah, the behaviour is different if you do a "fuzzy" search (face recognition, or finding files by "Visual Search") or if you do a more precise search like specifice (written) keywords.

The "fuzzy" search algorithm is by no means perfect, so it makes sense that Organizer would also show you the results that are sort of close....

Added:

Oops...that "Visual Search" I mentioned was introduced with PSE10.  That Show/Hide toggle behaviour you mention might have been something corrected with PSE10, but I've seen no documentation of that.  Have you applied the 9.0.3 patch to your PSE9?

Ken

Message was edited by: photodrawken to add comment.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2012 12:37 PM   in reply to pacman110

OK, I re-read your description of the Show/Hide behaviour and what you're noticing is just a confusion about terminology.  When you click on the Options and see "Show results that do not match", you're seeing the currently applied filter.  Therefore, when you click on "Show results that do not match", you're changing it to its opposite -- hide results that do not match.  Clear as mud?

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to pacman110

Hi Paddy,

I agree.

I'm learning that there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Adobe way....

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points