Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't create pdf from.docx

Apr 14, 2012 11:34 PM

I'm on a late 2011 macbook air, running lion, office for mac 2001 and acrobat X pro.  In acrobat, when I go to file, create pdf and navigate to a word doc, acrobat will not creat the pdf.  I get an error message that reads "acrobat could not open test.docx because it is not a supported file type."  Create pdf works with other file types.  What's the skinny?  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 12:45 AM   in reply to Misterost

Can you open the file in Word?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:01 AM   in reply to Misterost

In Word save as PDF or print to Adobe PDF.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:33 AM   in reply to Misterost

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 4:57 AM   in reply to Misterost

Can't save it as pdf in word?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to Misterost

Your going about it all wrong (If your using Mac). there are three options option to is much better. because of security method put in by Apple in OSX.5 and newer, there no longer is a PDFMaker feature.

Options:

1. within Word  go to SaveAs... choose PDF.
    2. Go to Print menu click on PDF and save as PDF to desired location
    3. Go to Print Menu, click and hold the PDF button choose Adobe PDF. A menu pops up clicking on quality and choosing a setting is equivelent to Job Options in Distiller. Once quality is set choose wther to have Reader open or nothing open. Click okay next screen choose a name if you don't like the name already in the name box. Then choose a place to save. Then choose Okay.

Method 3 is far and away the best method. Makes the best and the smallest PDF's.  Making PDF's in Mac is Completely different in PC since OSX.5  and newer. OSX4.11 and lower they are almost identical.

I remember answering this very question yesterday. May have been from another OP (Original Poster).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points