Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Rollover Image

Apr 15, 2012 8:53 AM


How do I get a popup, where the cursor is, with text in it, to appear when the mouse rolls over an image.


Thanks for looking

  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to anybloodyid

    That is a tooltip

    Enter popup text in the title and alt attributse of the image


    Note: Internet Explorer (prior to version 9) displays the value of the alt attribute as a tooltip, when mousing over the image.

    This is NOT the correct behavior, according to the HTML specification.

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to anybloodyid

    I think this is the default behaviour of the title attribute.  It's mostly supported on anchor and image tags.  It's explained more here:



    If you want to do more than that you should Google "tooltp"  as there are lots of fancy things you can do quite easily with Javascript.



    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points