Skip navigation
Sonny Benhar
Currently Being Moderated

Has Adobe any plans for PSE  Premium to accommodate Hi 8 Analogue footage for digital conversion?

Apr 9, 2012 7:36 AM

Anyone aware if Adobe has any future plans for PSE Premium to accommodate Hi8 Analogue footage for digital conversion?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to Sonny Benhar

Sonny,

I have not heard of any development plans for direct digitization from analog. I would be rather surprised, if they did, since there are good workflows for that already, and the need is diminishing every year. To get some ideas for an analog to digital workflow, see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to Sonny Benhar

>Anyone aware

Nobody who knows anything (employee or beta tester) is allowed to comment on future products

>PSE Premium

I know if Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro...  What is that?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to John T Smith

I agree with the others. Analog is "ancient" technology -- like VCRs and cassette audio tapes.

It's likely you'll see less rather than more support for it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to Sonny Benhar

Sonny,

Most welcome.

Considering the changing marketes, if one has enough analog footage, I would make plans to accommodate that, while hardware is available. You seem to have found a digital camera, that can take the analog feed, digitize it, and pass it through to PrE. That should hold you for the future.

As miniDV tape cameras are becoming scarse, and especially with pass-through capabilities, it will become more difficult to find the equipment in the future.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points