Skip navigation
robertsonm84
Currently Being Moderated

Multiple-Disc Project

Apr 13, 2012 3:57 PM

I'm creating a project that will contain 6 messages of a series on 2 single-layer discs. Is it possible to work on both discs in one Encore project? Or do I need to create a separate project for each disc?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to robertsonm84

Separate projects. However, you can set up one project (or just set up the menus etc), then do a save as. Finish one in the save as project, and then go back to the original project name and do the other.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 9:32 AM   in reply to robertsonm84

I often do multi-disc Projects, and use Stanley's workflow. I create a separate Sequence for each disc, in PrPro, and then, depending on how many discs I will be creating in the Project, will create a "template" Project in En, with all common Assets, folder structures, etc. Until the Project is complete, I will actually do a Save, and then make a "backup copy" of that Project, in case I forget the next step.

I then Open my template Project, Import the unique Assets, as the appropriate setting, i.e. my Video as a Timeline. At that point, I do a Save_As, so as to NOT overwrite that template, and do my work there. After that disc has been burned, I just Open that template, and repeat for the next PrPro Sequence, representing Disc 2, etc.

I've done up to 17 discs, that way.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I often do multi-disc Projects, and use Stanley's workflow.Hunt

Of course, that was me recommending Bill's Workflow!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to robertsonm84

In my case, the Project is not so much a series, but one major Projec, that will go to multiple discs.

Each Sequence is a "scene," or a "chapter," as I think of them, and edit them.

From you description, it would seem that a unique Project for each disc in your series, might be easier to manage.

Now, like I do in En, I also have created a few "template" Projects, with my common elements already Imported, my Bin structure, as I want it, etc., and then do a Save_As. I Open that "template" Project, and much of the work is done. I immediately do a Save_As, so as to not overwrite my "template Project," and then Import the unique Assets into it, for editing.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points