• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SetDllDirectoryW not supported

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 2008 Server. I get the message "The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." when attempting to upgrade my flash player.

How does this get fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only seen this happening on Windows 2000; it should not happen on newer Windows versions.

Searching Google I also found instances where this occurred on later Windows systems with malware infections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whole reason for this was clean re-install of OS because I got to tinkering, and over-tinkered, ...

Got around to installing FF of course, needed to get the latest Java, Flash, and other things so I could use the server on the internet successfully if need be, and this pops up. (Reminds me, still need to do Java, ...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why this happens on your Windows 2008 server; do you have all service packs installed?

See this topic for a circumvention (post 14) on Windows 2000: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/965334

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bah, one thing affects another:

FlashUtil10b.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetSystemWow64DirectoryA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

AdobeARM.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c59d94d" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Sloppy programming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashUtil10b.exe is a very old Flash Player version; uninstall it using http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

AdobeARM.exe is the Adobe Reader updater; unrelated to this case.

Download the FP installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the installers I still have the same problem that the OP has. My situation is a new (first) install of VMware Player on Windows 7, with a fresh copy of XP Pro as the VM OS. i get the error immediately no matter how I try to install Flsh player; both IE and Opera browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask you as well (the OP won't answer my question): what is your service pack level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>.< oh crap, You reminded me that I forgot to install SP2. Trying to find a copy of it to install now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional question (if you continue to get that error): is this on Windows 7 or XP (under VMware)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed VMware Player 4.0.0 on a Windows 7 platform and then installed XP Pro as a virtual machine OS. Running XP SP2 fixed this problem for me. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Service Pack 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone open a bug against this at bugbase.adobe.com?  If not, could you and then post back with the bug number/url.  I'll bring this up with our installer team.

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines