Skip navigation
squalle1
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot get premiere elements 10 to launch.  Restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled.  Won't launch

Apr 15, 2012 1:10 PM

I cannot get premiere elements 10 to launch.  Restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled.  Won't launch

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to squalle1

Do you receive any error messages?  What have you tried so far to resolve your difficulties?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Also moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum as it appears this issue may not be installation related.  The users in this forum can provide some troubleshooting steps specific to the Premiere Elements application.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 2:06 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

My recommendation would be to contact Adobe, since they have the ability to walk you through some troubleshooting steps. But it looks like they've already thrown it to us!

1) Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have even the non-critical updates (which can include important drivers)?

2) Have you manually gone to the ATI or nVidia sites and ensured you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

3) Have you cleaned your temp files and defragmented your drive(s)?

4) Have you ensured that the program's licensing has not corrupted? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542377

Finally, you say the program won't launch. At what point does it fail? Do you get a Welcome Screen? Does it only fail when you try to open yesterday's project or does it also fail if you try to start a new project?

Another other details you can provide could also be helpful including: How fast your processor is, how much RAM you have, how much free, clean defragmented space is on your hard drive(s) and if you are editing on your C drive or if you have your media and project files on another drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Thanks for the suggestions Steve.  Squalle1 posted their inquiry originally in the installation forum.  I moved the thread to the Premiere Elements forum because I don't think it is an install failure but something else which is causing the unexpected behavior.  Still watching the thread though in case it does end up being an installation issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 3:03 PM   in reply to squalle1

I agree with Jeff, that it does not sound like an installation problem.

Along with Steve's suggestions, I would look over this ARTICLE, which starts with a checklist of things to insure that PrE works best, then moves on to a series of links, for tuning up the computer and the OS, and finally goes into links on troubleshooting, working up in degree of difficulty.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 3:04 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks again Jeff - I agree with you.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...