Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge cant' copy and paste metadata

Apr 15, 2012 11:05 AM

I have found a minor bug (most likely overlooked till now) in PS CS6 Beta.   when you open a folder of images in the new version of bridge and you got to the metadata.   You are not ablt to cut and paste info from one box to another like previous versions.  tell me, this will be fixed please.

Aloha

Sean

P.S.  One more annoyance I have found is that your program will not allow me to place the App icons where I want on my dock bar (Mac OS 10.6.8)   I lke them to sit about 2/3rds across on the bar, but they keep putting themselves back to about a 1/3rd of the way across.     It's very annoying. I'd like to know if there is a way to stop this happening....

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to Davey808

The dock is managed entirely by you and Apple -- the application has no control over it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:12 PM   in reply to Davey808

There is nothing to look into -- the location of the icons in Apple's dock is controled 100% by the user, or Apple.

The application cannot change it's location in the dock.

There is no hidden functionality -- it's just you, and Apple.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to Davey808

It's definitely not something that Photoshop, or any other Adobe application is controlling. The OS controls the dock, not applications. You may want to try to delete the dock preferences:

To access your Preferences folder, open up a Finder window, Go > Go to Folder, then paste: ~/Library/Preferences

Move both of these files to the trash. com.apple.dock.plist and com.apple.dock.db

Open terminal and enter: killall Dock (make sure Dock is with a capital D).

**Anytime you work with system files, there's always a chance something can go wrong. Only attempt this if you are comfortable with the OS.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 3:30 PM   in reply to Davey808

Which metadata boxes are you referring to? Copy/Pasting seems to work for me, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong boxes.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 4:12 PM   in reply to Davey808

I see where you're talking about now. I can confirm that copy/paste does not work in that section.

However, with a photo selected, on the right where the Metadata panel is (Window > Metadata Panel), you can access the IPTC Core information, which seems to allow copy/paste.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points