Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 64bit - top of HDR filter window cut off

Apr 15, 2012 3:47 PM

When I open the HDR toning filter the top of the HDR controls window is always hidden under the top edge of the screen.  I can't reposition the window.  This is in CS5 64bit.  When I make the same actions in CS5 32bit and in CS6, the whole of the HDR filter window is visible in the normal way.

How can I get to see the whole HDR controls window again in CS5 64bit please?

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 15, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to nickna12

What happens if you reset your workspace (Window - Workspace - Reset ...)?

I can't recall whether that resets the positions of plug-in windows.  You might have to reset your Photoshop main preferences to get that corrected, assuming no part of the window title bar is available for you to grab.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 15, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to nickna12

You might have to do a main Photoshop preferences reset then.

It's so easy for the software to check to see if a window is off-screen, I'm surprised they haven't got that right.

I did think of something else to try...  Try putting your Taskbar on the top of the window briefly.  See if the change of window metrics that occurs because of that causes Photoshop to trigger a window repositioning.  This is just a kind of shot in the dark but maybe...

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 11:14 PM   in reply to nickna12

I am having the same problem. I tried the above mentioned with no luck. Anyone have any ideas????   Actually I looked again. I am confused is there suppose to be an OK button somehwere. I have no way of getting out of the screen or saving or anything. Any Advice?? First time using so Maybe I am not doing something right??Screen Shot 2012-04-22 at 12.13.42 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 22, 2012 6:27 AM   in reply to photjedseye

Looks like you're seeing the compressed version of the dialog, made for small screens.

I take it you're not seeing an OK button over on the upper-right, even if you move the dialog to the left?

OKButtonLocation.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 11:35 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Hi Noel. Yes, I cant see any ok button. Do you know how I can fix this? I have tried moving it around with no luck. I thought maybe it was on the bottom of the page because it seems I cant see the full length either...Thanks a bunch.

- Jason

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to photjedseye

Nick, I am using it on a Mac. I am just getting to understand Photoshop so I dont have any suggestions. Maybe Noel will chime in.

- Jason

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 5:37 AM   in reply to nickna12

My problem is I can't see the down part of that window in my cs6 32bit,anyone know how I can see the whole hdr toning window?thanks..

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points