Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player won't work

Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently while attempting to play videos we received the message to update adobe flashplayer. Went ahead and downloaded version 11. Message said download complete and installion succesfull. However, movies still won't play and it keeps attempting to download version 11. Need help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem I will post along with yours and hope we both get a working answer.

Here's the deal. My desktop used to play flash content from various web sites, now it has stopped. I've uninstalled programs I thought may have been causing the problem. I've uninstalled Flash Player and reinstalled, even going through the registry and deleted all reference to Flash Player before reinstall. I've checked some of the sites I've been having problems with on my laptop and they worked fine, so I took the laptop to the desktop and compared IE 8 settings between them and set the desktop to the same as the laptop. I've even disabled IE add ons I thought may be stooping Flash from loading correctly and tested after each disable. About at wits end. BTW the desktop is running Vista Business SP2. Anyone have any suggestions or answers for my dilemma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, I am trying to finish my taxes and need to get to a site that requires flash

when I go to trouble shooting, the grey box that is supposed to show your version is blank, but flash is in my programs and I also receive a popup that the install was successful,  I have restarted also

I contacted adobe and they say they have no online support for flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 
  • Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 32 bit editioninternet explorer 9.0Flash Player Your link shows nothing in the box. I uninstalled what we had and attempted to install version 11When attempting to play a movie a message comes up asking to upgrade flashplayer or it goes to the adobe homepage for downloads.

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Carl the enabling flash player in internet explorer 9 worked.

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same problem. exept i use mozila firefox. flash player has stopped  working. have unistalled, reinstalled sever times.  can you help me fix the problem. i have windows 7 and comp is 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 07:15:38 -0600

To: jrserafin@hotmail.com

Subject: Flash player won't work

Re: Flash player won't work

created by stewb1981 in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion

i am having the same problem. exept i use mozila firefox. flash player has stopped working. have unistalled, reinstalled sever times. can you help me fix the problem. i have windows 7 and comp is 64 bit

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Using Flash Player by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have internet explorerGo into TOOLSManage Add OnsAdobe Systems Inc Shockwave Flash Object (this must be enabled not disabled and it should work)

i am having the same problem. exept i use mozila firefox. flash player has stopped working. have unistalled, reinstalled sever times. can you help me fix the problem. i have windows 7 and comp is 64 bit

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnak you, that is what happened

Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 09:43:28 -0600

To: lsextra@hotmail.com

Re: Flash player won't work created by cjup in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion

I have internet explorerGo into TOOLSManage Add OnsAdobe Systems Inc Shockwave Flash Object (this must be enabled not disabled and it should work)

Subject: Re: Flash player won't work Flash player won't work

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: Flash player won't work

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: Flash player won't work. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can not download adobe flash .i have 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's a bit edition?

You people need to simplify. Adobeflashplayer doesn't work. I downloaded it succesffully, but it never works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a computer with a 64-bit Windows 8.1 OS, and browse on Mozilla Firefox, I assume also the 64-bit. According to the link you attached, I have the 13.0.0.214 version of Flash, but it has not been working for the last few days. I have tried updating, completely uninstalling and reinstalling, updating my computer's video driver software, and still every time I try to watch a video it works for a fraction of a second and then I get a grey box that says Adobe Flash has crashed. I have sent multiple error reports for every website that it's happened to me on, but I can't even watch videos uploaded to Facebook at the point. I have no idea what else to try, is there anything that could be causing this?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had a problem with Adobe Flash Player. Every single time I would try and WATCH a video, I would get the same error message telling me there was something wrong with my Flash Player and that I should try again later. It gave me a link to all the steps that I should try to fix this problem like; refresh my browser, delete cookies, uninstall and reinstall Flash Player. I did these steps off and on for about a week.

Then, I tried something that seemed just too stupid but I still tried it. I simply plugged in my headphones and miraculously the Flash Player started working. For some strange reason Flash Player picks up your settings and knows whether or not you have speakers and/or headphones connected and will not play if you don't. I am using a brand new computer and have yet to buy speakers but I "thought" I could still watch video's without sound in the meantime. Nope.

I have no idea if this helped you or anyone else but I thought I had to put this out there so nobody else wasted all this time and energy into such a ridiculous problem.

IF Adobe was a better company they would have tech support so that people on these forums didn't waste so much time fixing simple problems. Makes you want to avoid buying their products though. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player is a free product (and one that's tremendously expensive to produce and maintain).  There *are* paid avenues for phone support in addition to the free user-to-user forums here, but the staff that voluntarily monitor the forums actually work on the product, so you're probably getting a more authoritative answer here.

The headphones thing is interesting, but probably specific to your operating system and audio card drivers.  I'd be happy to look at that if you'd like to provide some specifics, but it seems somewhat orthogonal to the original discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about for os x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running adobe on the windows 7 64bit version. It tells me to update to the newest Adobe version. It doesn't matter whether or not I use google chrome, IE or whatever browser. Also, some applications, like "Jodix Free WMA to MP3 converter", that utilize the flash player are not working.

I already tried to manually uninstall and reinstall flash using the "uninstall_flash_player.exe" application and manually uninstalled flash. (I got the uninstall file from the official adobe page.) I also removed the leftover files and reinstalled the newest version as suggested. Nothing has changed though. Flash keeps on telling me it needs to update itself whenever I got to pages like YouTube and my computer programs that utilize flash still do not work. Help, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines