Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

When Will Liquid Layouts Be Ready?

Apr 14, 2012 9:20 PM

Has there been any indication from BC as to when Liquid Layouts is going to be ready to use on real sites?  I've played around with it about a month or so ago but too much hadn't been completed yet on the Ecommerce side to be able to use it on customer sites.  We watched the Platform Vision video by Alexandru and I don't remember him mentioning anything about Liquid Layouts specifically.

Replies
  • Liam Dilley
    6,687 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 14, 2012 11:02 PM   in reply to Daryl Barnes

Hey Daryl.

Just like a number of things, do not expect to see it any time soon :(

|
    Mark as:
  • mario_gudelj
    1,679 posts
    Oct 13, 2010
    Apr 15, 2012 5:34 PM   in reply to Liam Dilley

Hi Daryl,

We don't have the exact date for you yet. I'm sure this info will be posted on the BC blog once they're out, so please montior that space.

Cheers,

-mario

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,687 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Apr 17, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to Daryl Barnes

They wont give any dates Daryl because they do not know themselves just yet.

It defiantly wont be 3-5 months time, thats a given. Not with Creative Cloud and other stuff.

End of the year? - Maybe, but again do not rely on that.

First quater of 2013 - Probably, but again do not rely on that.

Your official response wont be any more then that too.

And while I am sure it will come out, always note that us long timers with BC have seen and been shown things, even said they were coming in the next realease (new eCommerce revamp for example that was going to happen once) got pulled and never happened.

BC is pretty much - when its out.

You will see "Whats coming next" Blog posts for the next release and a number of those elements have been delayed by 1-3 releases or not at all (Some of the SEO updates for example as a recent example of nothing still).

So run on - Only when it actually is out.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 17, 2012 5:06 AM   in reply to Daryl Barnes

Liquid markup is the only good thing BC has bought out for a while... It's a pitty it's been place on the back burner. We thought Adobe buying off BC would have increase the numbers of Developers & Staff, so features will come out faster. Yet it doesn't seem to be the case. Please bring out the WebApp Liquid Markup ASAP!!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points