Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Compile Time just drastically increased! [HELP]

Apr 11, 2012 6:55 AM

I'm not sure why ..  my compile time just went from approx 20-30 seconds  ... to 2:41      

All I've done is add some images and minimal code changes.

Any idea why this would happen ?   2:41 compile time is not going to be fun.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to Applauz78

What tool are you using to compile? Did you change from doing interpreter builds to doing regular builds?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to Applauz78

my application has size of 30mb, takes a couple second to build swf from FB, then like 25 mins to generate the IPA through adt.....for ad-hoc, is that normal?

my mac pro is 2010

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to MatthewXU

I have heard a lot of reports of it taking a long time in Flash Builder. I have a similar sized app, and in Flash Pro it takes a couple of minutes. I think it's all the Flex frameworks that take a long time to compile. Or something like that.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to Applauz78

weird......might be something wrong with your setting of FB, try terminal using mxmlc?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Applauz78

Check how your 'warnings mode" is set.  Turning on "warnings mode" in the actionscript settings will dramatically increase compile times. When we discovered that turning warnings mode off decreased our compiles from 3 minutes down to 15 seconds, we just left it off, and used FB to check for code style issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 12:15 AM   in reply to Applauz78

Hi Applauz, trust me, trash the Flash IDE...

I developed Old School Race (oldschoolrace.com) all with Flash CS5.5 spending more time waiting Flash than coding........... and when you include some embedded images the packaging time grow up esponentially.

Now I'm using Flash Builder and all is ok, it's very fast also with lot of embedded images. Don't wait, spend some hours getting closed with FB, you'll re-save this (good spent) hours in a while

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to NoriSte_

I hear a lot from Flash Builder users who are taking 20 minutes to compile a mobile app, where I take a couple of minutes in Flash Pro to compile huge apps. So, FB can be slow too.

Back to the slowness, in the AS3 settings there is a Warnings option, turning that off can sometimes dramatically speed things up.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points