Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR 4.0 can't delete plugins

Apr 15, 2012 8:02 AM

I have some duplicate plugins that I no longer use and want to delete (for example, two extra versions of the Smugmug publish plugin after I installed a newer one in a different folder, Nikon tether since I don't have Nikon, etc.).  But the while the Add button is active, the Remove button is grayed out.  I tried both enabled and disabled, but then I realized that Remove is grayed out for all the plugins. 

I also tried opening the plugin to edit it. Then the Remove button is not grayed out, but while clicking it does break the connection, it doesn't remove the plugin.

Any suggestions?  LR 4.0 on Windows 7.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to Bob Gates

Maybe you need to remove them first from a previous version of Lightroom?  Just a thought.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to Bob Gates

Maybe you could just go to where they are located on disk and delete them?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 3:09 PM   in reply to Bob Gates

If the plug-ins are in a folder called Modules, the Remove button for the plug-ins is grayed out. Before you ask, it's a mystery to me, too. You'll have to delete them manually..

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 4:25 PM   in reply to gatorjim2000

The idea is that only installers put plugins in 'Modules' folder, thus an un-installer should be used to un-install said plugin. If you don't have an un-installer for such plugins, you should tell the plugin supplier about it.

Likewise, if plugin is added by 'Add' button, it won't be in modules folder, and thus can be removed using 'Remove' button.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points