• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site Editor : can't save changes

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save edited pages in the Site Editor (incontext editing), I get the message:

"There was a communication error with the server. Your internet connection may not be working or the server might not respond"

The one page site was created and uploaded from Dreamweaver with no problems.

OSX 10.8

Safari 5.2

Thanks for the help,

Cam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen on all pages or just some? Is it possible that the user profile you are logged in with does not have the permissions set to be able to edit pages within the admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's only one page in this site. The user profile has the permissions set to edit pages. I'll try another site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cam,

We'll need the URL for the site in order to investigate this further. If you don't want to provide it here publicly, please file a technical support case from your partner portal.

Thanks,

Florin Carlig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cam,

I was able to replicate that issue in Safari on Mac, but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Please submit a case with our support team on this issue and we'll have a good look into it and escalate to the dev team if necessary. You can supply this video http://screencast.com/t/QfE6rJAW with the case, together with the URL, types of browsers you have tested with and any other info that may be useful to us.

Awesome looking site BTW!

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mario!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, that is a very awesome looking site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason, after late yesterday, the Editor has been working fine. I found that it recognizes HTML "Sections" as editable regions which is convenient. It adds divs everywhere to the code where the Sections start.

Thanks for the support!

Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I'm back... The Site Editor won't save again. Apparently, I have malformed characters on my site.

What's a malformed character? Am I creating them? Make them stop!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Cam,

I'm wondering if it's things like this breaking it:

<p class="p"><span class="date"> July&ndash;Sept&ensp;2007&ndash;2011</span>   <strong class="colorhead">Hewitt & Milne</strong></p>

See "&ndash;" and "&ensp;". These are those long dashes MS Word creates. Did you paste stuff from MS Word? See if you can replace these characters with a normal - as that may fix this problem you're having.

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario:

Thanks. You're right, I pasted from InDesign.

I took them all out, but still no luck.

Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird... Please submit a case with support, Cam,and we'll get ICE expert to take a look into it. Please make sure you supply the platform and the browser you are using and also supply a screenshot of the area you are trying to edit. Plus a screenshot of any error messages you may be getting.

Cheers Cam!

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed the offending characters as indicated by the support team, but still no luck saving from the Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you submit a case with support, Cam? Please make sure you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just experienced this issue as well on a webBasics+ site which only has two pages. I tried making changes to content within a content holder (which was in the page template). I got this error using the latest Firefox & Chrome & IE9 on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines