Skip navigation
badlernw
Currently Being Moderated

Can you use anchors with tabbed panels???

Apr 15, 2012 10:56 PM

Tags: #tabbed_panels #anchors

Im trying to use anchors with tabbed panels but they dont seem to work.  I need to be able to link to specific tabs and specific areas within those tabs, but I haven't been able to find a way to do this.  Does anyone know or have a work around?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to badlernw

I believe you want to have a link on a page open up a specific tab in the panel. If that is the case, that isn't possible at this stage.

Regards,

Parikshit.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to p_nath

I'm afraid that it is not possible at this point of time in Muse. I would recommend that you add this to the ideas section over here, http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse/ideas

Workaround: Create different pages, each with a tabbed pannel containing a different first tab and then link the hyperlinks to the appropriate page.

- Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 11:39 PM   in reply to badlernw

I also needed to link to certain tabs in a panel and found a strange workaround similar to the one above. Not sure if this was done on purpose in Muse but when you upload your page to your server the tab that is active in Muse becomes the default tab when linked to that page. This is done even if the tab isnt the first in the group. Even so you still need to create separate pages to do this, but you dont have to reorder your tabs.

-Nexas

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 12:55 AM   in reply to nexas484

Yes, that is an improvement in Muse, check release notes here, http://forums.adobe.com/message/5104247 - Widget Improvements

The selected tab in Design view for the Tabbed panel widget will now be selected/active when previewing, exporting or publishing the site to Business Catalyst.

- Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:34 AM   in reply to Abhishek Maurya

Hi Abhishek, can you kindly explain further on this. Are you saying this will only work after publishing the site to BC. Is it a BC specific feature?

Regards.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 5:04 PM   in reply to topelovely

Not necessarily, as it states, previewing(in app preview), exporting(upload to the third party host or export as html) or publishing to BC.

- Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points