Skip navigation
dlinen
Currently Being Moderated

Link to flv from swf that is preloaded by another swf?

Sep 28, 2011 8:08 AM

Okay here is the set up, It is easy to be confused I'd bet but I will try to spell it out very simple

I have this micro site that has 4 flv videos linked from where I uploaded them.

The videos seem to work fine, if I type in the directory to the site itself.. (mysite.com/myswf.swf)

But when i utilize a preloader file, that loads the site, the videos do not load. I figure it is some linking break in using a preloader swf.

Because the preloader has a different name, then the site's swf, how should I write out the directory to the flv files in the site flash file so it can load when using a preloader

Hope this makes sense, it is probably a very simple fix.
Thanks for your help

EDIT: Oh, and I'm linking to these swf files directily using a pop out window, they are not embeded in a html file. could that be a contributing factor?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2012 10:52 PM   in reply to dlinen

I have the same problem to convert swf to FLV on mac os. I have been looking for such a program for a long time. But no good one can do it. Most of them just support flv video. So I use some windows program like moyeasoft swf4tube converter to convert swf to flv. then share to my macbook. this program is very good for windows. but i still look for such a mac program. anyone knows? Try SWF to FLV Converter for Mac. It's great!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 11:52 PM   in reply to dlinen

SWF files are flash files and can not be published or exported directly as FLV as they are not video clips. maybe you need to change the embedding code. if you want a preloader swf to load your large swf, remove your preloader code from your large swf, create a preloader swf and put your preloader code in the preloader swf's document class.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 2:54 AM   in reply to trevor4943

but if you dont need advanced customization, which in most cases you dont have to, then adobe flash is the best option.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points