Skip navigation
pwills3
Currently Being Moderated

Web DVD problem - no activeX menu

Apr 14, 2012 2:29 PM

So i created my 1st web DVD from, and everything works fine.  The menu creation and file encoding all worked great.  I can click on the Play_webDVD.html on my local drive, and it works perfect.

I upload the files to my web site.  When I try to play, it loads  only the flash player bar at the bottom of the frame.  I can not get the video to play.  I've tried with I.E. 9, and Chrome .Below is what

the screen looks like:

webdvd.JPG

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to pwills3

Can you post a link to the site so we can try it?

Otherwise, we don't know if it's a problem that's universal with your files or if it's just the way your computer is loading it.

It will also make it easier for us to troubleshoot it.

Also, have you tried any other browser? It shouldn't be an ActivX issue, since the files are build as FLVs.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to pwills3

Unfortunately, that doesn't help, since I can't see the full HTML structure of the WebDVD files.

You did post the whole package of files to an otherwise empty web site, right?

Your web site must include these files and ONLY these files:

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to pwills3

Are these files all loaded to your web site -- and are they they only files on your web site? (The site you've linked us to in your post does not.)

Again, unless we can see the files on your site and browse to them, we can't really test drive them to tell you if the actually do or do not work and why.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to pwills3

I'm still not sure why you're looking for an aspx file. There is no ActivX in a WebDVD file collection. They are FLV and HTML files.

That said, I don't know what's going on. If you've loaded these files to your site, we should see the Play_webDVD.html file when we go to this site, which should display your disc menu system. (You did set up a disc menu with scene menu links, right?)

Maybe someone else can offer a solution.

EDIT

Actually, I do see your scene menu and its link if I click the red arrow that appears on your default main page.

So it appears all works as it's supposed to -- except that for some reason your main menu doesn't display for some reason I can't diagnose, based on what you've told me.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 12:02 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

I was having the same problem with a web DVD I was uploading to a web server. I tried uploading to a different server and it seeks to work fine. I did exactly the same thing for both servers so the problem seems to be something about the server. I'm not an expert but the first server (didn't work) was IIS and the second server (that did work) was apache.

I didn't have to upload it to an empty website. I have heaps of other stuff on the server but I put the webDVD in its own folder.

Cheers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points