Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR4.1: Develop defaults changed

Apr 15, 2012 8:58 AM

After doing an "Update DNG preview & Metadata" and "Update to current process (2012)", all unprocessed RAW files now look like if auto tone were applied, all sliders in the develop module are at 0 and for some unprocessed RAWs the white balance is now at 3950 (which is incorrect for those photos). When I change some develop settings and then "reset" the pictures, I get the 0 sliders and auto tone effect right back.

This wasn't so with 4.0 where for unprocessed RAWs the develop sliders weren't all at 0 but at different values (never had a RAW yet where sliders were all at 0) and they usually were slightly underexposed. What I see now are overexposed pictures, and I have no idea what the "original" looked like in terms of exposure. I begin to doubt that if I get such strange results with 4.1, maybe there are other bugs as well for development and I can't trust what I see.

Andreas

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to Ra8b1t

What happens if you only reset the tone (hold down Alt and you will see the button appear)?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 6:17 AM   in reply to slarti3

Sounds like you're comparing Process Version 2012 vs an older PV (like 2010). For PV 2010 the default slider values in the Basic panel were often non-zero (e.g., Brightness 50, Contrast 25). In PV 2012 the default values for all the Basic tone sliders are zero.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points