Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ACR7 Bugs + PS Bugs

Apr 15, 2012 8:03 AM

ACR7

1. Top upper selection buttons not working. Only Hand, White Balance dropper, and Crop seem to work. When you click on others only a arrow curser shows up on screen.

2. The new Paint Icon (K) pulls up the dialog box but no brush curser. The program is working but you are brushing the effects on blind with no curser showing areas affected.

3. Gradient filter seems to be way to sensitive, hard to hold it straight when applying. Even will flip upside down with the slightest touch.

PS CS6

1. Crop tool will not crop to default or presets. Crop tool window may or may not show boundary crop. When enter is pressed then one has to go up and click on the accept icon again. Why?? You have already pressed enter. I hate double clutch steps and seems dumb for a function like crop. After the crop is accepted the dimension still shows the origional area. The only way to change is to pull up the dimension window and enter again the crop and resolution wanted?? Oddly the crop in ACR does work there but comes into PS with a slightly different dimension?? Again have to pull up the Image size window and readjust?? Since crop in PSCS5 works perfectly I am sure this is not the ehancement you people wanted.

2. Not sure who thought it would be fun having the fly out windows in properties. but in using these in curves, actions, filters etc. I am having to click everything all the time to get rid of them. Like swating flies. Very frustrating always having one of these over the file being worked on!

3. Filter gallery still won't work in 16bit?

4. Merge to HDR not working.

5. Files coming out of ACR into PS, (16bit Prophoto RGB) enter PS and in the info box on top show as a 8bit RGB file however going to the mode and info areas the file still shows as 16bit PRO RGB?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

What platform (Windows or Macintosh) and what exact version of the OS are you running?  I see none of that weirdness on Mac or Windows.  

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 9:43 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

I have had none of these problems in Windows version of the ones I have tried (no 16bit prophoto RGB or other 16bit stuff yet). I have been using the beta every day since it came out and it's behaved very well.  It has not been hard to adjust to the interface and I have done a lot of HDR that seems somehow better than it was in CS5.5, also the adjustment for HDR toning of a single image seems somehow better in IQ.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 1:43 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

I don't know if this will help whomever might investigate these issues, but the problems may be specific to Mac or to your particular system...  I'm having none of the issues in Camera Raw that you listed.  It sounds as if you have display driver problems.  Do changes to the GPU settings in Photoshop - Preferences - Performance change the behavior?  Note that you'll want to quit and reopen Photoshop after making settings changes there.

Regarding the others you've listed... I don't understand what you mean by "fly out windows in Properties"...  Do you mean the new Properties panel?  I have that permanently parked on a second monitor, so I may not see what you're seeing.  Keep in mind there are tons of different ways you can organize your workspace, and some options you can change too.

I've not seen images opened from ACR misrepresented as having the wrong bit depth or profile.  Can you do screen grabs showing the problems and post them here (via the web forum interface)?  I'm sure that will help the Adobe people to understand what you're talking about.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Again, I have the CS6 beta running on a Mac and on a Windows machine.  The Mac is running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and exhibits none of the issues you mention.

A lot of Mac users running Lion are having all kinds of issues, not just with the Adobe Photoshop beta.  While some report some progress in 10.7.3 over 10.7.2, Apple traditionally doesn't begin to get a new OS "right" until about the dot six release of each major release.  Lion is only at dot three at the time I write this.

We'll have to wait and see what comes first, Lion 10.7.6 or Mountain Lion 10.8.x. 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

DF Wilkinson wrote:

...I ave already rebooted and that resolved the weird RAW issues...

So you decided to report that as bug before even rebooting your machine?  Just wondering...

DF Wilkinson wrote:

...The fly out panels pop out after selecting a adjustment. Ie. curves, actions, etc. The panels open on the right side of the image and stay until the box is clicked. Previously one didn't need to close everything opened...

The behavior you seem to be attempting to describe sounds very much like the difference between the modal image adjustment dialog box vs. an Adjustment Layer Panel.

DF Wilkinson wrote:

...To me a crop is basic. Put in a 8x10 and you should get a similar result. I am seeing a visual crop but the file size (pixels and dimension) stay the same. They do change if the image size panel is utilized.

Have you tried toggling on and off the Keep Cropped Pixels setting to see what it does? 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to DF Wilkinson

Cropping to 8 x 10 in ACR or the new new Crop Tool in PS CS6 will only crop out pixels and leave you with an area that has an 8 x 10 ratio. It does not resize the image, which is what it sounds like you want. ACR cannot do this. Photoshop can, but to do so you'll need to enter units along with the numbers. In other words, type in "8 in x 10 in" instead of "8 x 10". If you want to control the resolution (which will trigger resampling of the image), then you will nee to use the Size & Resolution dialog which is accessible from the popup in the Crop Tool's options.

As for the Enter key behavior... when you first select the Crop Tool or open a new image, hitting the Enter key will just activate the tool so we can show you the preview. Hitting Enter a second time will commit the crop.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points