Skip navigation
Son of Nukem
Currently Being Moderated

Indesign is pringing an image incorrectly

Apr 10, 2012 11:56 AM

There are 3 designers that are having the same issue out of many in the dept., each of them when printing a specific document from the same printer part of the image is not printed correctly, it looks corrupted or misaligned. When sending the image to another designer the document prints out perfectly. I reinstalled the printer drivers, and matched up the drivers used for the printer. I think this is a setting issue, but i don't have a clue which setting this would be.

There are two documents. Document A skews only part of the image ever time it's printed from each of the 3 new designers, so say the page is 8/12 by 11 only 2 inches in the document prints out incorrectly. Document B when part of the image is rotated it shows normal but prints a white patch at an angle where the image has been rotated. Has anyone had a similar issue? Also I know there is a workaround of exporting it to a .pdf, but that is not an option for the designers unfortunately.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 12:46 PM   in reply to Son of Nukem

What type of file? eps, ai, tiff; Resave the eps as an ai

In the Print Dialog, Graphics Tab, set the Send Data to All.

If this fixes the problem, edit their Default Print settings to Send All.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to Son of Nukem

Send Data is pertinant to the ID Print Dialog

ID Print - Graphics.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to Son of Nukem

Yes, it could be a poorly constructed image; hence the question what is the image type? You noted InDesign/pdf. I'm assuming it is not an InDesign image, as there is no such animal (aside from snippets, linked ID doucuments, groupd elements...)

Have you tried the advice I posted twice > Send Data > All

Can you clarify what exact image type is not imaging;

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to Son of Nukem

A tiff image in the same document prints incorrectly on 3 stations, but correctly on another station; and Image Data is set to Send All...

Print drivers are up to date...there is an option in the Print Dialog which could be set differently on the same Graphics tab > Data Format  ASCII is the default, Binary has limited support and may not be available.

I may not be able to offer much further; tiff is a pretty stable format, to my knowledge, but I would open the tiff in Photoshop, save as a Photoshop file and place that in ID, than Save as a copy back to tiff to re-fry the image.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to Son of Nukem

I never print from ID. Export the document to PDF andf print that.

Usually far more efficient anyway.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to Son of Nukem

You might reset the users preferences - if they have modified/created their workspace, created unique keyboard shortcuts or a few other items, these customizations will be lost. This article details how to back those up in detail.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

As their IT, you could create a new user profile or user account to the workstation.

If this is an isolated incident, you might move on.

@Bob, I print, out of necessity, hundereds of files annually straight to an imagesetter. Acrobat does not have the features available, and the OP stated that pdf is not an option for all users. (Standalone product?; yes, Reader might suffice)

@Bob, have I missed anything relevant?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to Son of Nukem

Have you tried delting the image and placing it again?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 12:00 PM   in reply to Son of Nukem

I meant replace it with itself. Sometimes frames get corrupt for no apparent reason and replacing them solves oddities.  What I find very strange though, is that the smae file prints OK for some users but not others. That usually indicates a problem in the prefs or the user profile. Does it work on the same machine from a new user account? That would tend to comfirm a user problem.

What's the OS?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points