Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Mini Bridge "Waiting for Bridge" error Macintosh

Apr 16, 2012 1:30 PM

We'd been having this error on a couple of our computers and none of the steps in the KB article http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-waiting-for-bridge-cs5.html are working.

We initally set up one computer to be used as our master image. Once we had things working the way we wanted on this computer we cloned the drive using Carbon Copy Cloner and distributed the master image to 3 other computers for testing. Mini Bridge was working fine on the master image. Once we cloned the master we changed the name of the default user account to our intended user's name following Apple's directions for changing user account names. Mini Bridge did not work on any of the user accounts on the cloned computers even those accounts whose names did not change. I even tried creating a new test account and it still does not work.

I've been doing some experimenting removing various Adobe related files and then trying to use the Mini Bridge until I figured out what worked. What I found was I could go to Library/Application Support/Adobe, and using Get Info, make the default user the owner of the Adobe folder. (They already had read/write permissions.) After that they are able to use the Mini Bridge. However, none of my other user accounts can work with the Mini Bridge since they are not owners of the Adobe folder. It seems that Mini Bridge is only able to function if the current user is also the owner of the Adobe folder?

I looked at the permissions on the master for the Adobe folder and it said it was owned by root and belonged to the admin group. On the cloned images it states that it is owned by the default user and belongs to the staff group. I tried using Terminal and changed the owner and group to root and admin as it was on the master, but that didn't make any difference. It will still only work if the default user is actually made the owner of the folder.

We will be cloning several more computers this way and I'd like to figure out why this is not working and see if there is a way to make it work for all users of the computer. I am sure something is happening with permissions on the Adobe folder when the user account is renamed on the clone, however I also did a group of 4 laptops this same way and those cloned computers all work fine under all user accounts.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to bernst@fastline.com

We will be cloning several more computers this way and I'd like to figure out why this is not working and see if there is a way to make it work for all users of the computer.

This is a hard one for this forum, not many of us have experience with multiple user set up.

In general, Bridge does not work always that good over a network and a standard CS is limited to 2 computers and only may be used at one at the time

Also having multiple versions open of PS at the same time is possible but Bridge allows only one version to be opened.

Having multiple accounts on one computer should be able to work but you can only have one active with Bridge I would think.

And to my knowledge it is not possible to use a shared library for Bridge but I have no experience with that. MiniBridge will search for the library of each account.

But as said, no experience with your set up, just trying to throw some ideas in the air

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points