Skip navigation
3a2a
Currently Being Moderated

Buttons from one document to another

Apr 16, 2012 2:31 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm currently combining a folio from multiple InDesign files. One of the is a TOC with several buttons. In InDesign I added to the buttons the action "go to destination", refered to the other InDesign file (document) and Hyperlink destination (destination). Still I do not get any movement. What am I doing wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to 3a2a

"Go to destination" is not supported, see http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f60- ff0a97712e49f21d0f-8000.html,    Insted you need to use "go to URL"  and use navto://(document name in Folio Builder Panel, case sensitive).  If you wish to add a certain page, say page 3 add #2, to the end of the name (page 1 in each artifle is page 0).  i.e. navto://Introduction#2

Good Luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to 3a2a

You need to use go to URL and use the navto:// command to go to the article name.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to 3a2a

Not the document name…the article name.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

Bob,

I'm trying with everything I have to get my cover buttons to jump to the article in the folio, but I cannot get it to work. Here is what I've found:

1. I must type NAVTO:// in caps in order to have the button even be active in the preview or on the app.

2. Deleted everything in the Folio Producer except two files: Cover and AD

3. I'm using the go to URL command

4. I'm typying the command as NAVTO://AD

5. The message I get on the app is: Cannot Open Page This page cannot be opened because an of an error. The error is "The URL can't be shown" (1010).

6. I'm using FolioPanel-CS55-12.2.2.1.

What am I doing wrong?

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to WilRB

Is the name of the article "AD" in the Folio Builder panel? Are you previewing the entire folio, or just the article?

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to WilRB

Just a few thoughts.

The links are case sensitive soo...

If the article is called Ad in the folio builder panel, then the link would be navto://Ad

I have never had to put navto in caps.

It seems that you have all this down correctly.  It might be a wise idea to delete you're inDesign preferences, I have noticed I have to do this from time to time when using dps (though almost never in my normal print workflow.).  If you are on a Mac, immediately after launching inDesign, hold down command-option-Control and shift.  It will then ask you if you want to delete the preferences, say yes.  In windos the keys are Control-Alt-Shift.  If it doesn't ask to delete, quit inDesign and try again.

Also when I first taught myself buttons in dps, I made a dummy page with links to the article name and the OTC name and all the variations I could think of, discovered which one worked and used that method from then on.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 5:05 PM   in reply to jkuhns5

jkuhns5,

You ROCK! That was solution. Once I deleted the preferences and started over, even with the files I had already uploaded to the Folio Builder, it worked perfect. A life saver! BTW, there was no issue with case sensitivity. THANKS

Wil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points