I'm currently combining a folio from multiple InDesign files. One of the is a TOC with several buttons. In InDesign I added to the buttons the action "go to destination", refered to the other InDesign file (document) and Hyperlink destination (destination). Still I do not get any movement. What am I doing wrong?
"Go to destination" is not supported, see http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f60- ff0a97712e49f21d0f-8000.html, Insted you need to use "go to URL" and use navto://(document name in Folio Builder Panel, case sensitive). If you wish to add a certain page, say page 3 add #2, to the end of the name (page 1 in each artifle is page 0). i.e. navto://Introduction#2
I'm trying with everything I have to get my cover buttons to jump to the article in the folio, but I cannot get it to work. Here is what I've found:
1. I must type NAVTO:// in caps in order to have the button even be active in the preview or on the app.
2. Deleted everything in the Folio Producer except two files: Cover and AD
3. I'm using the go to URL command
4. I'm typying the command as NAVTO://AD
5. The message I get on the app is: Cannot Open Page This page cannot be opened because an of an error. The error is "The URL can't be shown" (1010).
6. I'm using FolioPanel-CS55-126.96.36.199.
What am I doing wrong?
Just a few thoughts.
The links are case sensitive soo...
If the article is called Ad in the folio builder panel, then the link would be navto://Ad
I have never had to put navto in caps.
It seems that you have all this down correctly. It might be a wise idea to delete you're inDesign preferences, I have noticed I have to do this from time to time when using dps (though almost never in my normal print workflow.). If you are on a Mac, immediately after launching inDesign, hold down command-option-Control and shift. It will then ask you if you want to delete the preferences, say yes. In windos the keys are Control-Alt-Shift. If it doesn't ask to delete, quit inDesign and try again.
Also when I first taught myself buttons in dps, I made a dummy page with links to the article name and the OTC name and all the variations I could think of, discovered which one worked and used that method from then on.
You ROCK! That was solution. Once I deleted the preferences and started over, even with the files I had already uploaded to the Folio Builder, it worked perfect. A life saver! BTW, there was no issue with case sensitivity. THANKS
Europe, Middle East and Africa