Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Load Extension Panels

Apr 16, 2012 3:02 PM

Tags: #extension #panels #fundy

I am beta testing 6 . . . I cannot get the extension panel to load . .. it just hangs up . . I do have two Fundy panels that work fine.

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,972 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Apr 16, 2012 3:16 PM   in reply to southeybears

To be clear...   From CS6, you are going:

Window > Extensions >

and have a list including Kuler and Mini-Bridge plus any others you have enabled from the CS6 Extension manager?  When exactly is the crash occuring, and what is happening?  Does CS6 freeze and close or what?

What platform and operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,972 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Apr 16, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

OK I have just Googled Fundy.   Are there compability issues with Fundy and CS6? 

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 3:38 PM   in reply to southeybears

Yes, we need to know the system type and OS, video card and if your drivers are up to date.

Second, please confirm that you did not point your additional plugins folder to an old CS5 or before folder, as loading duplicate plugins causes all sorts of crazy issues.

If Windows, are you running  32 or 64 bit Photoshop?

Next, can you tell me if PS launches fine before trying to load this extension?

How did you load the Fundy panels?

Did you go to Window>extensions as Trevor asked to try to launch it?

Can you tell me where I can get one of the extensions to try to reproduce the issue?

Thanks-

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,972 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Apr 16, 2012 4:14 PM   in reply to southeybears

Are you actually reinstalling these panels to CS6?   When I installed CS6 the extensions from CS5 had been migrated from CS5.  I just had to open the CS6 Extension Manager and enable them.  

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to southeybears

Hi,

It's most lkely that the TK ACTIONS panel was authored with Configurator. You're best bet is to hear back from Mr Kuyper's team.

From the screen shot, the panel looks fairly straight forward so it might be a niggly syntax problem.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 5:18 PM   in reply to southeybears

Hi,

One quick thing to check, look in \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels for the TK panel. See if the name on the files inside this directory has spaces in them (ie. TK Actions.jsx, TK Actions.swf). If they do try renaming so the spaces are removed, and then relaunching Ps CS6.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 5:42 PM   in reply to southeybears

Shouldn't hurt trying.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:29 PM   in reply to southeybears

I don't normally follow the Adobe forums.  A few people wrote me about this thread, but I had trouble finding it, so I apologize for the slow reply.  Just for the record, I currently have versions of my custom actions panel which is referenced in this tread ( http://www.goodlight.us/writing/actionspanel/panel.html ) that work in both CS5 and CS6 beta.  The CS5 version does NOT work in CS6 beta, but I've create a separate version of the panel for CS6 beta that does install OK in the new beta version of PS.  If you have the CS5 version of the panel, please contact me for a complimetary version of the CS6 beta version of the panel if you are using CS6 beta.  Both versions of the custom panel were made in Configurator 2.0.  With the pending release of the final version of CS6 and Configurator 3.0, I'm uncertain as to what additional changes will be needed for the panel.  I plan to keep the custom panel available, and once I have the new, final versions of the Adobe software, will have the final versions of the panel available for download.  In the interim, please contact me if you need the CS6 beta version of the panel.  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:45 PM   in reply to AnthonyK

Hi Tony,

I bought your excellent Lum Actions, are these the once you are refering to?

Henrik Tived

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to southeybears

I contacted Tony yesterday as well and he got back to me last night saying he had a compatible CS6 version available to any registered user with issues.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points