Skip navigation
bflintphoto
Currently Being Moderated

Why don't my adjustments in LR4 show up when I edit in Photoshop CS5?

Apr 16, 2012 3:05 PM

Tags: #lightroom #photoshop #cs5 #4 #compatibility_issue

Why is it when I edit an image in lightroom 4 then go to retouch etc in photoshop cs5 those adjustements that I made on the image in lightroom ie contrast, saturation, exposure etc don't show up when I move the raw image into photoshop to do final retouching on the image but still have it in my lightroom catalog? It is the camera raw issue that comes up when you first try to edit an image and lightroom says it needs camera 7.0 which does't exist yet?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to bflintphoto

There is a post dated March 29, 2012 on the Lightroom Journal that explains the issue. See the lin below. There are also several threads in the forum that address the issue. ACR 6.7 Release Candidate for PS CS5 is available that will assist.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 6:30 PM   in reply to DdeGannes

nice non answer there

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to PhotoJoe2001

If you read the post in the Lightroom Journal you will get the full answers to the OP request.

1. you need ACR 6.7 Release Candidate in Photoshop CS 5 to be able to pass the raw data from LR 4.

2. Camera raw 7.x will not be available in PS CS5 you will require PS CS6 which is now available in release candidate.version. All the info you need is there.

I was just passing on the link to the official info from the head of the Lightroom team so the correct info could be viewed so there would be a minimum of mis-understanding.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points