Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Type tool inop in PSE9

Apr 15, 2012 7:07 PM

My type tool doesn't work in PSE9. I've reset my preferences and even done an uninstall and reinstall of the program. I don't think it's the program because the same problem is there even after a reinstall of PSE9. I hope someone on the forum has an answer for my problem. Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 8:16 PM   in reply to chas3stix

You'll need to give the details of

1. What operating system do you have?
    2. Have you installed the latest (9.0.3) update for PSE9?
    3. Did the Type tool ever work?
    4. What are the steps you're doing and what is happening?  Do you get an error message?  ("doesn't work" is not a helpful explanation.)
    5. Have you tried re-setting the Type tool?  When the Type tool is selected, click the small arrow at the far left of the Options Bar and select "Reset tool".

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 5:32 AM   in reply to chas3stix

Highlight where it says "Myriad Pro" in the drop-down, then use the arrow keys on the keyboard to try to scroll through the list of system fonts. Does that work? If not, suggest that you reset preferences.

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file may be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file. 

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to chas3stix

If you already reset the type tool and elements preferences as instructed above, see if this helps:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/scroll-bar-missing-font-l ist.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 7:27 PM   in reply to chas3stix

Have you applied the 9.0.3 patch?

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 8:02 PM   in reply to chas3stix

I guess it's possible that could be caused by a corrupt font. You can test this by going to Edit>Preferences>Type

and unchecking Font Preview Size and then restart pse 9.

Untitled-1.png

Also i'm wondering if an out of date video card driver could be the cause.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points