Skip navigation
clgurr
Currently Being Moderated

Patch for PSE9

Apr 15, 2012 6:00 PM

Tags: #crash #elements #photoshop_elements_9

Is there a patch to keep PSE9 from crashing every time I quit the program?  I'm using an iMAC and this has only happened since I installed LION.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 8:25 PM   in reply to clgurr

Usually this is caused by third party plug-ins, especially those from Topaz. If you've installed anything, check with the developer for updates for lion.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 10:23 PM   in reply to clgurr

Have you installed any plugins? I didn't mean to check with apple for updates to lion; I meant to check with the makers of any plug-ins you have added to PSE, regardless of whether or not they're from Topaz, to see if they need to be updated for lion.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 5:58 AM   in reply to clgurr

Topaz is a very popular maker of plugins for noise reduction, sharpening, artistic effects. Did you delete the preferences for PSE when you installed lion? If not, go to your username>library>preferences and delete:

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 settings

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 paths

and any lockfiles with the same names. That library folder is hidden in lion. To see it, in the finder hold down the option key while you click the Go menu. It will appear below the little house for your user account. While you're in there, go to Saved Application States and delete anything relating to PSE. I'd also suggest repairing permissions before restarting PSE.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points