• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVGs From CorelDraw Not Rendering Text

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody found a solution for why FrameMaker refuses to render text from CorelDraw SVG images? Doing a Google Search, I stumbled onto some discussions from 2007 where others also saw this behavior, but no solution.

The SVG images display properly in every other tools I've tried in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, there's just something broken in the way FrameMaker's graphic import tool sees and brings them in. Adobe's now defunct SVG Viewer also renders the images properly which leads me to believe that there is just something broken in the way that FrameMaker (version 8-10 tested) are importing these images.

Anybody else seen this, or have a solution on how to fix this?

Wayne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Frame version?

I don't have a fix, but if the goal is to preserve the vector content (and the text), a work-around would be to save as PDF from Corel. Import the PDF.

If Coral can't save as PDF (or print to PDF), open the SVG in an app that can, such as Adobe Illustrator, and save as PDF.

If your Frame version is 7.2 or lower, save as EPS and not PDF. I don't know if Corel can do that. Illustrator can, and Acrobat Pro can re-save PDFs as EPS.

If you really want to see Frame wreck an SVG, save as XML from Frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this in FM8, FM9, and FM10. All with the same results. Seems others have had this same issue with FM7. Unfortunately, using a PDF is not an option for us, so I would like to get the SVG importer to work correctly in FrameMaker.

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All you can do to get Adobe's attention is to file a bug report. The more people that do, the higher the probability that it might get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines