Skip navigation
MeaB.
Currently Being Moderated

If I buy Photoshop (Cs5), is Bridge included in it? And what about Lightroom?

Apr 17, 2012 3:34 AM

I'm not new to using Photoshop, Bridge or Lightroom (version  CS3) however the original installation of these programs when I had them was not done by me (my pc crashed) so I am not sure which products have to be bought on the site. i.e do i have to buy each program separately?  and are there specific versions for Mac?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 3:56 AM   in reply to MeaB.

Yes, there are separate versions and licenses for Macintosh and for Windows of Photoshop. Lightroom includes versions and licenses for both Macintosh and for Windows.

Yes, Photoshop includes Bridge.  As a matter of fact, Bridge began as nothing more than Photoshop's image browser.

Lightroom is a completely separate application.  It's totally optional and, if you decide you want it, you do have to buy it separately.

-

Message was edited by: station_one

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 3:56 AM   in reply to MeaB.

Please note I edited my previous post to correct a typo:

Yes, there are separate versions and licenses for Macintosh and for Windows of Photoshop. Lightroom includes versions and licenses for both Macintosh and for Windows.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 3:58 AM   in reply to MeaB.

Also note that if you buy Photoshop CS 5 now, this month, you get CS 6 for free when it is released.  The offer ends at the end of April or at the very beginning of May, don't remember exactly.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 4:02 AM   in reply to station_one

Lightroom is Multiple platform that means once you will buy the software you can use it on both Windows and Mac

weather it is Lightroom 3 or 4.

however Photoshop is platform dependent , means there are different serial number and installer for Windows and Mac , you have to buy windows and mac seperately but this is not with Lightroom.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points