Skip navigation
RDECOM-PAO
Currently Being Moderated

How can I view content that I've archived on the iPad Adobe Content Viewer?

Apr 16, 2012 10:48 AM

Tags: #ipad #indesign_cs5.5 #digital_publishing_suite

Sorry, I'm new to the DPS process. I tapped "Archive" in the Adobe Content Viewer thinking that I would be able to retrieve it from the archive. I haven't been able to find that capability yet! I've tried renaming the document in InDesign and updating, thinking the project would appear in the content viewer. Again, no dice. I even deleted the content viewer from the iPad and reinstalled. Logged out, logged in. No dice. I cannot seem to have any luck seeing my project again. It was displaying just fine earlier today. Damn curiosity! Why did I tap on the archive button? Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dave

Replies
  • Casey Jensen
    293 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to RDECOM-PAO

Once archived, if the folio is still available in the producer service, you should be be able to see it and click a "Download" button. (Assuming you have a valid wireless connection and your library updates successfully.)

If you cannot see it, that generally means there's an invalid article in the folio. An example of this would be that you have one landscape article and one portrait article. When the Content Viewer detects an invalid folio, it won't display it as downloadable.

I would suggest deleting your articles one at a time until you determine which one is the culprit.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 5:35 AM   in reply to RDECOM-PAO

That is how it works, IME. I’ve had to use the archive function on several occasions just to clean up some corruption in folios and the download button immediately reappeared.

Something went wrong with your folio but without way more in the way of details I’d just chalk it up to a fluke.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points