Skip navigation
emijer
Currently Being Moderated

Acess to C:...............index.html.LCK denied

Apr 16, 2012 4:36 PM

I tried to find the file on the server and local to delete it but it is not there. I even looked in the hidden file.  This is the code to my index page. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have no idea how to fix this and use the Design view to edit the page.

logo2

Monday April 16, 2012pollen                   

Trees

high229

Grass

absent0

Weeds

absent0

Mold

low47

Asthma doesn't have to slow you down!

The Center for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology is among the foremost facilities in the Central Region of Connecticut. We specialize in the treatment of allergies, asthma, exercise induced asthma, latex allergies, hives, food allergies, drug allergies, stinging insect allergies, eczema and immunologic disorders in children and adults. We provide the most compassionate, cutting edge care, around the clock, to our patients.

Dr. Christopher Randolph, Dr. David Dreyfus, and Dr. Denise Kearney work together with our team of nurses and office staff to provide state of the art care and education. Whether your symptoms are a runny nose, itchy eyes or life threatening symptoms related to allergy,   asthma and immunology, our goal is to enable patients to take an active role in   their treatment to improve their quality of life so they may enjoy life to the   fullest.

Our office conducts ongoing clinical research in the fields of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology we believe this gives us the opportunity to provide the cutting edge in medical care for our patients.   Contact Jeremy at 203-755-7080 ext. 33 if you are interested in what clinical studies we are currently conducting.

The Center for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology also publishes a periodic newsletter filled with useful information and tips. Check out the latest issue of our Sneeze Gazette.

sinu gaz 2-2012

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 10:38 PM   in reply to emijer

What is index.html.LCK???

Gramps

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 4:49 AM   in reply to emijer

This may have something to do with Contribute. Are you using that?

See below:

http://www.justskins.com/forums/cant-edit-this-page-135329.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to emijer

Heidi,

This is a difficult position to be in. Normally the index or home page is called something like index.html. I do not know what a LCK extension is. Also we cannot see the structure of your site, at this stage you are the only one.

It may help if you supplied a link to your site.

Gramps

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 6:50 AM   in reply to emijer

if you click on http://www.cfaai.com/index.html you will get the home page. This means that the home page is indeed index.html.

Hope this helps.

Gramps

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to emijer

emijer wrote:

Yes,  Well today I went into Dreamweaver and found a LCK file and deleted it.  Also when I clicked to open the index file the error did not appear.  I am going to find a class on coding!

Thank you for your help.

Heidi

<shrug> I'm none the wiser.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to emijer

If you're using Check In and Check Out functionality with your website, LCK files get created to keep others from working on the same file you are. The files are temporary and should disappear when you check the file back in, but sometimes they get left behind (like when Dreamweaver crashes or if you delete a file when it's checked out).

You can try checking out the HTML document and checking it back in to see if it clears the LCK (lock) file, or if the file (HTML) is already checked in or deleted, deleting the LCK file shouldn't cause any problems.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points