Skip navigation
rsand14
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Muse 7 wont sign in to my Adobe ID

Apr 8, 2012 3:42 PM

Tags: #help #adobe #osx #bug #in #muse #support #sign #id #adobe_muse #stuck

So just Updated to Muse beta 7, but it wont load passed the Sign in stage when i launch the app

Screen Shot 2012-04-08 at 4.35.43 PM.png

it just does this for hours, and i can't actually open MUSE

So any ideas on how to bypass or Fix this annoying error screen?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2012 8:53 PM   in reply to rsand14

I am having the same problem. No one has helped me figure it out yet :/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to rsand14

I had this same problem, nothing you're doing wrong or that can be fixed on your end. No one ever actually explained how they fixed it, but an Adobe team member ended up contacting me via email, doing some magic and then telling me they fixed it, which they did.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 1:33 PM   in reply to rsand14

I too am experiencing the exact same problem. Has anyone from Adobe contacted you guys directly with any resolution?? I haven't found any posts on here for any form of solution. Re-installing does nothing :/ If it means anything, I am not running any form of Firewall. I am on a home computer connected directly to an Apple Airport.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to rsand14

anyone had any luck? If I try to enter the wrong password it recognizes that its incorrect, but as soon as I enter the correct one, I get the spinning wheel which freezes and then crashes the application all together. It says that I'm on version 0.8.841

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to ChristianSprenger

Exactly the same thing is happenng to me. And not matter hwo much I ask none of them have fixed this problem yet!

Someone PLEASE fix this problem!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to Apayne25

Now I'm confused. Which problem are you having Apayne25?

Are you getting the "An unexpected error occurred?" message when you try to launch:

error.JPG

or are you seeing the behavior described in this topic?

Screen Shot 2012-04-08 at 4.35.43 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 2:44 PM   in reply to Corey@Adobe

Corey,

I am expierencing this error when I try to launch/sign into Muse. When I attempt to sign in it shows the 2nd screen frozen. Then after a few moments it goes to the grey Error screen. And I have been turning on/off my firewall for days and playing with the settings to no avail.

I couldn't find those documents on my computer that you mentioned before, and I have no idea what is casuing the problem.

-Amy

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 3:26 PM   in reply to Corey@Adobe

I am experiencing the seond image problem. The whole program freezes up and crashes as soon as i enter my password...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to rsand14

would be extremly kind if somebody could solve this issue! its doing my head in not being able to use this cool programme.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to rsand14

For those seeing the second screen Corey linked (the greyed out screen with the spinner in the corner and no error message displayed), are you running on OS X Mountain Lion?

We have a bug with the beta release of Mountain Lion that we're working to resolve, which means you won't currently be able to log in.

If you are seeing the first screen 'Unknown Error', could you please check to see if the file /User/<user>/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db (Mac) or  \Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db (Win) exists. If it does not, could you please email me the log file /Users/<user>/Logs/PDApp.log (Mac) or %temp%/PDApp.log (Win) to boag@adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to James Boag

Yes using mountain lion. Any idea when we will see this fixed?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 10:35 PM   in reply to rsand14

My issue is the same as the second greyed post - But on Windows 7 64-bit. I've done everything to open my computer up to your servers (Remove firewall, reset hosts file, enter computer into DMZ on router)... all to no prevail.

My adobe ID is lemonedia@gmail.com <--- can an employee look into it and hopefully "an Adobe team member ended up contacting me via email, doing some magic and then telling me they fixed it, which they did." Will be true for me as well!

The last bit of my PDApp.log file is:

4/12/2012 22:23:16 [INFO] OPM - Build Version - 6.0.38.0

4/12/2012 22:23:16 [INFO] OPM - Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

4/12/2012 22:23:16 [INFO] OPM - Schema version and schema compatibility version are same or greater than current

4/12/2012 22:23:32 [INFO] OPM - returning size of value as:3592728

4/12/2012 22:24:10 [INFO] OPM - returning size of value as:3592728

4/12/2012 22:24:25 [INFO] OPM - Released OPM refrence successfully

4/12/2012 22:24:25 [INFO] OPM - Build Version - 6.0.38.0

4/12/2012 22:24:25 [INFO] OPM - Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

4/12/2012 22:24:25 [INFO] OPM - Schema version and schema compatibility version are same or greater than current

4/12/2012 22:24:25 [INFO] OPM - No Record found for the input fields

4/12/2012 22:24:25 [ERROR] IMSLib - Failed in getting value for key in OPMGetValueForKey

4/12/2012 22:24:25 [INFO] IMSLib - Failed to get proxy user name from local db in setProxyCredentialsForHTTPRequest

4/12/2012 22:24:25 [INFO] OPM - Released OPM refrence successfully

4/12/2012 22:24:29 [INFO] OPM - Build Version - 6.0.38.0

4/12/2012 22:24:29 [INFO] OPM - Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

4/12/2012 22:24:29 [INFO] OPM - Schema version and schema compatibility version are same or greater than current

4/12/2012 22:24:49 [INFO] OPM - returning size of value as:156366232

4/12/2012 22:25:27 [INFO] OPM - Released OPM refrence successfully

"OPM - No Record found for the input fields" Seems the login interface is having issues pulling data from the login form???

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to James Boag

I'm having the same problem (lowerr screen) running Lion 10.7.3

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 10:12 PM   in reply to James Boag

Hello!

I have the same problem, I get the "An unexpected error occurred" and try to login again but with no success. I have checked that the opm.db-file exist as you mentioned. And what now?

best regards

Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 1:51 AM   in reply to rsand14

Hello!

I'm having the same problem!!!!! This is what I get...

I'm running Lion 10.7.3

error.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to coggersp72

For the AUTH_UNKNOWN_ERROR you need to deactivate and reactivate Muse. To accomplish that go to the Help menu and choose Deactivate Muse. Check the checkbox in the dialog. Click the quit button. Relaunch Muse and you'll be prompted for your Adobe ID. Once you've re-logged in all should work.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 6:24 AM   in reply to rsand14

I'm getting the same error as the OP. But I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. To be clear, I'm not getting any error message. The Sign In box just turns darker and freezes.

I'm trying to get it to work on my personal computer but it works fine on my work machine which is on the same network and also runs Win 7 64-bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to James Boag

I'm getting 'screen cap1' and have since I updated the last build of Muse... I do have the opm.db like Ulf_axis.

I don't understand why we have to login to use a software.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    May 15, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to rsand14

I too am having a similar problem.  I have a Creative Cloud monthly subscription.  Here is what happens with mine:

Endless Sign In Loop:

The problem was first encountered when I tried to start Muse from my desktop. It would prompt me with a pop-up screen that says "Further account information is required to use Adobe Muse. You will need to sign in to continue." So I would click "next" and see the "sign in" area was already populated with my Adobe ID (my email address) with the password field blank.  So I enter my password and click "sign in" and it cycles like it's trying, and then just takes me right back to the first screen "Further account information...... etc etc" and it just goes in a circle like that.

I tried searching for help on the forums, but the closest thing I could find suggested that I maybe the problem is that I haven't logged into Business Catalyst yet, so I tried logging into BC via Dreamweaver, and that gave the exact same cyclical event as above with Muse.  

I have talked to someone on Live Adobe Help Chat twice.  The first time they told me "this product is brand new, and some kinks are being worked out, just wait 24hrs and try again." I did that, it didn't work. The second time, the conclusion was to refer me to the Business Catalyst Help.  Did that, and they told me to try and close the pop up screen and go to "help" in adobe and deactivate.  Can't do that because I can't get past that pop up sign in screen.

I am on a Windows 7 machine, and I also checked to see if I have the opm.db file, and I do.

Things I've tried:

• Resetting my password. Didn't work. 
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling.  Didn't work.
    • Uninstalling, downloading trial version, installing with the hopes of at least getting into the app and then activating, and that didn't work.  Same cyclical log in as mention above.

I am paying for this service, and am eager to use it!

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to audiovisualboy

Hi audiovisualboy,

Could you try deleting the file at /User/<user>/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db (Mac) or  \Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db (Win)?

It is possible that this file has become corrupted, and that's what is causing the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:32 AM   in reply to James Boag

Thanks James,

Your colleague Zak Williamson got to me first with an answer which perfectly corrected everything, which is in line with what you are saying here.  Maybe this info will help someone else, as well.

Here's his response to my other post:

Please delete the "MBLStore" and "OOBE" folders found in

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Local\Adobe

and delete the "AdobeMuse" folder found in

on Mac: <yourusername>/Library/Preferences

on Windows XP: <youruser>\Local Settings\

on Windows 7: <youruser>\AppData\Roaming

Then launch Muse. It will go through the first launch experience of asking for UI language, AdobeID, etc.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 6:48 PM   in reply to audiovisualboy

Above doesnt work on macbook pro. When I plug in my ethernet cable it works fine, but when through wifi, i get the unexpected error occured, please try again.

Cant use ethernet due to home setup. Any reason why it wont sign in through Wifi?

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 1:41 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson

How can you deactivade MUSE if  I can not log in in first place... I don't have that choice of deactivated... This is really anoying and a big problem for my bussiness... please help.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to James Boag

I have same problem here, does you have any idea when Adobe will fix this issue???? Please help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 12:34 AM   in reply to James Boag

Problem with Adobe Muse Login solved! >>>opm.db<<<

Dear James Boag,

thx for your entry. I had also the above mentioned repeating trouble with the login for Muse, then I searched for the opm.db file and deleted it as you mentioned. Problem solved! The opm.db file must have been corrupted. Now Adobe Muse works just fine!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 1:33 PM   in reply to audiovisualboy

Hi,

I am using Windows 8 and there is no folder and no file with name "opm.db" on this location.

I have deinstalled and installed ADOBE AIR, deinstalled and installed MUSE - it doesn`t work.

All the other applications are working o.k.

I can`t login to MUSE since one week! It´s really a bad thing!!!!

CAN EVERYONE HELP ME???

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to baebbel

Hello,

Click on Start. In the "Search programs and files" field type "%localappdata%\Adobe\OOBE\" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Please let me know if you are able to see opm.db file there? If yes, please click on delete it and launch Muse.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sachin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points