Skip navigation
michpan
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Content Viewer crashes with particular layout

Apr 14, 2012 9:14 AM

Tags: #adobe #ipad #indesign_cs5.5 #5.5 #overlay #layout #interactive #magazine #digital_publishing_suite

Hello all,

I have two layouts I've added to a folio, the first is a smooth-scrolling layout and the second is a snap-to-page layout. It works perfectly until I add the horizontal layouts of the second set.

What I found most unusual is that everything works fine viewed vertically, but crashes on trying to view the horizontal layouts ( horizontal layouts uploaded by other team members in the same folio work fine somehow ). It works fine horizontally until I add the second set of layouts. The crashes happen only on the iPad, and works fine viewed on Content Viewer from the desktop. It's not just me either, other members are also having crash issues with my layouts..

The horizontal layout is identical to the vertical layouts, and I'm not getting any sort of error messages, so I can't tell what's causing the folio to crash. What's going on?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to michpan

Have you tested it when importing both sets of orientations at the same time using import multiple articles? It may just do the same but I like to come at problems from all angles. And seeing as there are many ways to do the same thing in DPS there's a lot of angles!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 6:17 PM   in reply to michpan

I am having exactly the same issue. Im using a landscape with smooth scrolling and works fine, but when I add vertical orientation the viewer crashes.

I have done this via importing the articles at the same time as well but still keeps crashing.

Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to tony kamberi ug

I am having the same issue. My layouts work in vertical format, but they do not work in horizontal format. The Content Viewer crashes every time. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Content Viewer, restarting my iPad, and updating the Indesign files. Nothing works. This project needs to be finished by the end of this week, so I'm hoping someone will come up with a solution. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to kruck55

I just fixed it - the problem on my end was that I had MSO objects with same name, as soon as I changed them it worked

Hope this helps

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to tony kamberi ug

My folio still does not work. I've isolated the problem to one particular layout. When this article is in landscape layout, it causes the Content Viewer to crash. I have no MSO with the same name, and I've checked all the interactive objects and overlays to see what's causing this problem. It worked perfectly before the update to the new Content Viewer and before I updated the tools. The article also works fine in portrait view, and it has the exact same objects and interactivity. This is extremely frustrating, and I could be looking for hours to find what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,636 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 8:34 AM   in reply to kruck55

Does it crash if the landscape layout is just a simple page with a text frame on it?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

I just tried that, and it does not crash. This leads me to believe that there is something in that layout that makes the content viewer crash. As a side note, the landscape articles next to the faulty article will also crash when they are accessed in the folio. Where do you think I should start in trying to pinpoint this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to kruck55

I have the same problem. Horiontal layout makes the viewer crash all the time.

I'm checking MSO for same names, but if you have any other suggestion I'd really appreciate.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points