Skip navigation
COLTYNB
Currently Being Moderated

MEDIA ENCODER ISSUES...PLEASE HELP!

Apr 15, 2012 10:22 AM

IVE BEEN USING ADOBE CS4 MASTER COLLECTION FOR 2 YEARS AND AM NOW HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MEDIA ENCODER! I CAN OPEN NO PROBLEM...BUT WHEN I TRY ADDING A SUPPORTED FILE TO ENCODE IT FREEZES?....IF IT DOES MAKE IT PAST THAT POINT WHICH SELDOM IT DOES WHEN I HIT TH EQUE BUTTON IT WILL SAY CONFORMING AND AFTER 30 SECONDS OR SO IT BECOMES UN REPSONSIVE! ANY HELP WITH THIS ISSUE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 8:25 PM   in reply to COLTYNB

What are the specs of the file you're loading?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to COLTYNB

Please try downloading the trial version of Premiere Pro CS5.5 and see if you still encounter this hang. You can get it here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_pro&promo id=DJDVF

As for diagnosing why AME suddenly started having this problem, here are a few things to think about/try:

1. You say that you've successfully transcoded mpg files to avi, but I presume you weren't always transcoding the exact same clip to the exact same avi settings. So....
      • maybe there's something different about the current source clip (a different codec used to create it, some glitch in the data stream, greater length). Please try encoding an mpg clip that succeeded previously.
      • if you're using a different AVI preset or custom settings this time than you've used in the past, then please try encoding to a preset that has worked before.
    2. Has anything changed on the system that could explain this new behavior:
      • update to the OS, Adobe software, or graphics driver
      • change of hardware such as a new graphics card.
      • installation of a new codec pack
    3. If none of the above helps, then I suggest deleting AppPrefs file for AME and, if that doesn't work, then the media cache files. If you don't know where to find those, then please indicate which OS you're on so we can give you the exact paths.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points