Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error Installing Muse 7

Apr 16, 2012 11:27 AM

I'm installing Muse 7 and i keep getting the following error "Verify that Muse has permission to write to Adobe shared files and verify application directories are not marked readonly." How can I fix this?

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2012 12:34 PM   in reply to giselledevera74

Hi !

Please try deleting the "MBLStore" folder found in

on Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: \Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: \AppData\Local\Adobe

and delete the "AdobeMuse" folder found in

on Mac: /Library/Preferences

on Windows XP: \Application Data

on Windows 7: \AppData\Roaming

Then try to update/install Muse 7 again.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 5:35 AM   in reply to giselledevera74

Hi I'm having the same error after installing Muse 7 then opening the file.  I've tried to search for the solution that Prateek Aggarwal found but I cannot find the specific folders.  I'm using snow leopard if this helps.

Please could you advise.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 5:37 AM   in reply to Prateek Aggarwal

Hi I'm having the same error as giselledevera74 (I'm installing Muse 7 and i keep getting the following error "Verify that Muse has permission to write to Adobe shared files and verify application directories are not marked readonly." How can I fix this?) after installing Muse 7 then opening the file.  I've tried to search for the solution that Prateek Aggarwal found but I cannot find the specific folders.  I'm using snow leopard if this helps.

Please could you advise.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to ladyk03_

The folder locations mentioned above are incorrect. (They come from a post I made on our previous forum software were I typed <username> and the forum software deleted that text.) The correct folder locations are:

Try deleting the "MBLStore" folder found in

on Mac: username/Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: username\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: username\AppData\Local\Adobe

and delete the "AdobeMuse" folder found in

on Mac: username/Library/Preferences

on Windows XP: username\Application Data

on Windows 7: username\AppData\Roaming

Then launch Muse again.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson

Thank you Zak,

I found and deleted the AdobeMuse folder but cannot find the MBLStore folder in the location you've stated.  I also tried restarting my Mac and uninstalling and reinstalling Muse but that hasn't worked either.

Is there anything else I can do?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to ladyk03_

If you go to "username/Library/Application Support/Adobe" can you manually create a "MBLStore" folder? And create a "1.0" folder inside of that? When doing so does your machine require you to enter your password? Or were you able to create the folders without any special prompts from the Finder? Once those folders are created, please try launching Muse again and let me know whether there's any change in behavior. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson

Thank you.

I manually created both folders as you suggested (both were empty - I hope thats correct).  I don't need to add any passwords and there were no special prompts from the Finder.  I launched Muse again and I needed to enter my log in details and it showed the same error message again.  Do you know why it's throwing up this error?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to ladyk03_

The "1.0" folder was created inside the "MBLStore" folder, correct?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson

Yes, it is and i've just double checked it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to ladyk03_

What are the permissions indicated in "Get Info" from the File menu in the Finder for the newly created folders and for Muse? Thanks.

Screen shot 2012-04-17 at 9.45.13 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-04-17 at 9.45.47 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 10:06 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson

OK, the Muse "Get Info" sharing permissions showed "(Me)" as Read & Write and then "everyone" as No Access.  I changed the 'no access' to read only and checked all of the other folders permissions and they all showed as yours do above but had an additional "staff" line which also said "Read Only".  I hope this makes sense.  I also checked the complete Adobe folder and it shows as your example has above.

This is the error I keep receiving:

Muse encountered an error while interacting with application files.

Verify that Muse has permission to write to Adobe Shared files and verify the application directories and files are not marked read only.

Do yout think it's worth me checking the permissions on each folder within the username/library/application support/adobe folders to see if any of the permissions say read only?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to ladyk03_

Please send me an e-mail at zak@adobe.com. I'd like to send you a small utility to run to see if it provides any additional information and/or enables us to get around the error. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson

For anyone following this thread, we were able to resolve the problem in ladyk03_'s case. She was working on a Mac that had no network interface card and Airport was disabled. On first launch Muse requires an internet connection. Muse Beta 7 is confused by the complete lack of a network interface card and provides the erroneous "Verify that Muse has permission to write to Adobe shared files and verify application directories are not marked readonly." error message. We'll correct the error message for the next release. In the meantime this error can be avoided by having a network connection when Muse is launched for the first time after installing Beta 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to giselledevera74

Send me an e-mail at zak@adobe.com and I'll provide you the same utility ladyk03_ and I used to figure out the root of the problem for her case. Perhaps it will also help in your case.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2013 12:57 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson

Hi. I am running Windows 8 and for the second time I am getting this error message: Verify that Adobe Muse has permission to write to Adobe shared files and verify the application directories and files are not marked readonly. The first time I found this forum thread, and not being able to find the folders mentioned above, I unistalled and reinstalled. Now it's done it again. Is there anyway I can get the "utility" file mentioned? Or is the some glitch with Windows 8? Thank you!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points