Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how can I make a smart form like this one ?

Apr 17, 2012 4:10 AM

Tags: #forms #fields #acrobat_9_forms #acrobat_forms #fillable #acrobat_9_pro

hi

according to my business requirements I need to create a PDF form which contains a table with variable number of rows (containing numbers) , so the user should be able to add or remove rows to the table as much as he needs to , and there should be a row showing the total at the bottom of that table.

I'm absolutely sure that this is possible to be implemented in PDF using javascript but I need some help to do it.

I saw a working example - the same concept I required.

>> you could have a look here -

http://www.windjack.com/PDFSamples/ListPrograming_Part1_XFAForm.pdf

any idea how I can do so ?

thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to haas422

Try the forum for LiveCycle Designer.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,739 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 9:26 AM   in reply to haas422

The sample form you linked to is an XFA form created in LiveCycle Designer. If you want to duplicate the functionality of that form, you could add the fields and hide them, and then show a row when a new one is requested. If you use a hierarchical naming convention, it makes it easier to show/hide a row of fields. For example, if you have a row of field with the names row2.col1, row2.col2, row2, col3, the code to show them would be:

// Dsiplay a row of fields

getField("row2").display = display.visible;

Note that a feature of dynamic XFA forms can be a new page is automatically added to the document when the user requests that fields be added but they cannot fit on the current page, or the content that's lower on the page is automatically pushed down as new fields are added. The sample form you linked to does not behave this way, so you can get away with the approach I mentioned.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points