Skip navigation

Export causes "Media Encoder update is available", though already updated

Sep 9, 2010 6:00 AM

Latest reply: MerlyCuza, May 25, 2012 3:18 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2010 12:46 PM   in reply to joema3

Thanks! This is all very valuable information.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2010 2:05 PM   in reply to Nariman Sodeifi

The fix posetd above worked for me for the orginal error message , but I am still having a problem once in the Encoder. It exports fine as individual exports (outside of the queue), but when I add to the queue, and then start the queue, I always get another error message: “Encoding Failed. The Operation was interrupted by user.” Could this be related?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2010 3:29 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

I'm getting this error as well.  I installed from a downloaded file, but installed everything with a default installation.  I have tried all of the suggestions made here: adding an AME link to Premiere directory...renaming it as suggested.  Nothing has worked.  What's the solution for me?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2011 1:10 PM   in reply to joema3

I have found Adobe Media Encoder is installed on my Drive C:, a Corsair Solid State Drive, in the Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS5 folder.

My Production Premium CS5  is installed in F:\Program Files\Adobe with each product installed in its appropriate Adobe folder. Premiere pro CS5 (ver 5.03) is in F:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro\ as it should be.

I try to install as many programs as possible on my Drive 'F';  the Drive C, being a SSD drive is primarily reserved for the Windows 64bit installation as much as possible.  SSD's have a finite life span and are degraded over time as programs and data access them so I try to minimize the disk activity on the SSD.

My Production Premium CS5 was installed  on drive 'F' (2 TB) to "off load" as much drive activity as I could from the Drive C SSD drive (128GB).  I don't know why the Adobe Media Encoder (AME) installed on Drive 'C' during the install process as all the other Production Premium programs went to Drive 'F' as I intended.  So; it appears the AME is orphaned "Cold and Alone"  on the Drive 'C'.  I don't know why it strayed from the intended 'F' Drive install folder.

The SSD has been a problem with almost every program I have installed as they all want to install where Windows lives (Drive C).

I will be trying the recommendations in this thread to resolve the "Media Encoder Update" problem.  My AME will still export if I close the pop up window and proceed exporting.

Hope this helps in finding a resolution.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2011 10:37 AM   in reply to premiere_pilot

I've been having the same problem since October 2010.

I've just installed the latest updates (up to 5.03 now) and the problem remains.

I usually have to to see the message appear all the time but then pressing ok allows Media Encoder to open so it's not too much an issue although you imagine it would be a very thing to fix.

Luc

|
    Mark as:
  • Jon-M-Spear
    969 posts
    Jan 27, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2011 9:55 AM   in reply to meluctrue

Today I'm suddenly aware of this problem on 5.03.  All my locations etc are default, I have MXF extensions, and no updates are available.

To be honest, I haven't attempted to export a file for about 8 weeks, so I can't tell whether it crept in with a recent update.  Before then, AME has been working as expected since the Production Suite installation in June 2010.

Update:

I have now opened up AME on my laptop and am receiving the same version update message.  As with my workstation, all applications are reported as being up-to-date.

Why has this suddenly become an issue when it wasn't in November!  Are updates to blame?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2011 12:04 PM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

For the benefit of others who are following or come across this thread, J-MS resolved his issue by manually downloading and applying the 5.0.1 AME update. While we can't say what caused the problem or how this fixed it, you can't argue with success...

These downloads can be a little hard to find on Adobe.com, so here are the links:

·         Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=160&platfor m=Windows

·         Mac: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=160&platfor m=Macintosh

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2011 12:38 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

I manually installed AME and it fixed the Message!

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Jon-M-Spear
    969 posts
    Jan 27, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 17, 2011 12:09 AM   in reply to Andy Urtu

I do have to add to Mark's write-up of my solution that I was already running 5.01  - but it would appear that it hadn't installed correctly.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 7:33 AM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

I'm sick of this problem!  I've downloaded the AME, and now I get a "Some updates failed to install"  statement with a "Update is not applicable" statement.  This is getting very old.  Not one method I've identified on Adobe.com has worked.  Is there really a way to make this fix?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2011 2:05 AM   in reply to hacklestack

I've also tried everything in this thread with no success. I have Premiere Pro CS5 (5.03) (not the master collection), and when I downloaded AME from the link supplied and tried to install, it gives the "update is not applicable" error message.

I refuse to reinstall everything again, I need a fix from Adobe, this is unacceptable.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2011 6:11 AM   in reply to joema3

can confirm copying and pasting shortcut in windows 7

does not work.

Downloading ame and installing WORKS!!!

Suspect your problems started when when you downloaded trial cs5.5 and uninstalled it after the trial period like me.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2011 6:35 PM   in reply to joema3

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I tried copying the shortcut as described here. I tried using the extension .exe, .ink(no exe) and .exe.ink. This did not fix my problem. I tried downloading the update directly from Adobe's website. I then tried installing the update from a Thumb drive which did not finish the process. I then copied the file to my HDD and ran the update from there. The update said it finished ok. But i am still have the same problem.

I installed Premiere Pro CS5 on another computer a Dell Mini running Windows7 home edition x64. I have not really used Premiere Pro on this computer but I am not having this problem after applying the update.

Maybe the update did not install correctly as described above. How do I delete or uninstall the latest update so I can try it again?

Thanks,

John Gerard

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2011 3:10 AM   in reply to joema3

Hi, I am having the same problem.

I have installed:

Premiere Pro 5.0.3

with

AME 5.0.1

Programs are installed on C: in the default locations:C:\Program Files\Adobe\....

updater in AME $ PP says "no updates"

I export 100-200 times a day. Every time i get the message and it's very angry me.

May be a solution of how turn off this reminder at all ?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2011 9:35 AM   in reply to Oleg013

Yes, Oleg, you can disable the automatic check for updates by following these steps:

1) In any Creative Suite product, select "Updates" in the Help menu.

2) In the Updates dialog, click Preferences in the upper right corner.

3) In the Preferences dialgo, click Adobe Media Encoder to remove the checkmark.

4) Click Done.

I hope that works for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2011 9:03 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

Hello Mark,

Unfortunately the workaround you've suggested  (uncheck Adobe Media Encoder from the Help>Preferences>Update dialog box). did not work on my system (CS5 Production Premium). Should those of us encountering this problem re-install Premiere? 

Thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2011 9:11 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

Employee Mark Mapes, thank you!  The link fixed my bug.  I no longer see the pop-up indicating an update is required.  Wow.  The link directed me to the zip file and it worked.  Pleasantly surprised with a strong peppering of appreciation.  I read the entire thread and got results.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2011 6:47 AM   in reply to MerlyCuza

Mary, I'm glad it Mark's advice (uncheck update AME in Prefernces) worked for you.  As I previously noted in this post, it didn't on my system. Like Oleg, it is very frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to joema3

Hi all,

I am just checking to see if there is any update on the fix to this problem. I have read and tried all suggestions here with no luck.  I can still use the product by clicking OK on the error  message. My install is to the D drive not the default C drive.

John Gerard

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to johng12345

March 11, 2012

The problem persists ..

I have 5.0.1 installed and always get a message. The updater from within the program says ' no updates.

Downloading and installing yields in 'some updates failed to install'

Or did I miss something helpful meanwhile ...?

-Didi

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 6:56 PM   in reply to joema3

joema3's fix also worked for me.  I moved the Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 folder from the C: drive to the actual installation location D:\BloatWare\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.  Note that it had to go not in Adobe but in Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.  This may be why it didn't work for some other folks.

Before this, the Queue button in Export Settings had never worked unless Media Encoder was already running.  Now the Queue button starts up Media Encoder, although it gives an error message that Adobe Media Encoder is not running from the default location and this is not a supported configuration.

The new error only happens the first time in a Premiere Pro run.  After that Media Encoder is running so no error message.  So instead of having to start Media Encoder manually it is only necessary to dismiss another stupid Adobe error message, judged an improvement.

<rant>But it would be more of an improvement if the folks who write this three- and four-figure software would occasionally give a thought to the poor schnooks who buy the stuff and then have to fight the Adobe user interface and configuration straitjackets to try to use it.</rant>

There.  I feel better now.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to joema3

OS on c:/   (this SSD is to small)
    CS5 on K:/   

shorcut made, copied tot K in CS5-premiere map |  no good action with the *.exe still added |  without the deleted  *. exe in the name AME opens, but gives a yellow triangle.

the source is still C:\users\....  AppData\local\temp/name.prproj\name         though I set the cache tot the K map....se but

sorry, it comes close ... still no queue ... just  rendering

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:29 PM   in reply to MerlyCuza

MerlyCuza wrote:

Employee Mark Mapes, thank you!  The link fixed my bug.  I no longer see the pop-up indicating an update is required.  Wow.  The link directed me to the zip file and it worked.  Pleasantly surprised with a strong peppering of appreciation.  I read the entire thread and got results.

I'm back with this bug again.  Weird.  I even forgot I had this issue to begin with.  Will get back at it and see where the resolution broke-off...

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 6:48 PM   in reply to MerlyCuza

Installed the Media Encoder zip/update/file and it fixed the bug.  No longer receiving any messages upon export. 

This is the page that supplied the update:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

MerlyCuza wrote:

MerlyCuza wrote:

I'm back with this bug again.  Weird.  I even forgot I had this issue to begin with.  Will get back at it and see where the resolution broke-off...

Message was edited by: MerlyCuza

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to MerlyCuza

MerlyCuza wrote:

Installed the Media Encoder zip/update/file and it fixed the bug.  No longer receiving any messages upon export. 

This is the page that supplied the update:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Which version (exactly) of Premiere do you have?

Which version (exactly) of Media encoder did you download?

-Didi

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to Didi

Didi, thank you for writing.  Since my last entry, my issue has been resolved (again).  Curious, it seems to have resolved itself?  I spent some time trying to resolve the issue to no avail and then today, as I read your inquiry, I tested both (laptop and desktop) installations and they work fine.  Export window opens as it should to Media Encoder.  Do/did you have an issue as well? 

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points