Skip navigation
DelrayPhotoGirl65
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 9 update

Apr 17, 2012 9:12 AM

Tags: #help #mac #elements #pse9

Yesterday I installed an Elements 9 update to allow me to help a friend edit RAW files from her Canon camera (I have been editing my Nikon raw files with no problem but could not open hers). Now I can open her files but when I to to the edit pane with the jpg (hers or mine) and click on enhance I see that I have lost "convert to black and white" as an option. this was a wonderful tool that allowed me to convert images to black and white with infrared and play with the sliders until I got what I wanted. What happened ??? Do I now have to uninstall elements 9 and go back and resinstall from the original DVD?? I am running on a MAC

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to DelrayPhotoGirl65

There is nothing in the ACR update that would cause that. Try deleting the preferences. Quit the editor then restart it while holding command+shift+option. Keep the keys down till you see a window asking if you want to delete the settings file. You do.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 10:27 AM   in reply to DelrayPhotoGirl65

Uninstalling and reinstalling might not help as it sounds more like a problem with the corrupted preferences. Try this:

1. Close all running PSE applications.
    2. Go to [HD]>>users>>[your username]>>library>>preferences and look for a file named 'com.adobe.photoshopelements9editor.plist'
    3. When found, move this file to the desktop. (ensure that you're not copying the file, move it)
    4. Now launch PSE and see how that works.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to DelrayPhotoGirl65

Ah, you may have been converting them as 16 bit files. Many features in PSE aren't available for use with 16 bit files and jpegs are always 8 bits.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points