Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Odd 2032 Error...

Apr 17, 2012 2:13 PM

I've had 2032's before, and typically they are from a malformed URL or file name... not this time. I am getting thie when trying to upload a b64 encoded jpg to a server. It works fine 100% of the time when on a fast connection. When in the field however, or if I throttle my bandwidth with Charles, I am getting it. Listening for a HTTPStatusEvent gets me nowhere, it traces a 0 when I get the stream error. It's not a script timeout issue either, I've tried increasing that with no result. If I turn off throttling everything works... if I simply turn it back on then I get the stream error (2032) after 15-20 seconds of uploading.

I'm not sure how to fix, or if it's possible. The data is uploading to a .net script if that matters. Anyone else seen this before?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 7:25 AM   in reply to dmeN

I don't envey you trying to sort this one out.

Is it possible to try and test this on a low bandwidth network without the throttling, just in case it's the throttling process that's causing an issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to dmeN

Have you tried the bandwidth simulator built into the flash debugger itself?

URLLoader is async, it will not cause any kind of script timeout. Want a script timeout? Run an infinite loop (e.g. while (true) {}). Anything async will never cause a script timeout.

Are you using any try {} catch() {}? That may catch the error and give you more information on its nature.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to dmeN

It's a generic stream error from IOErrorEvent. A file not found can trigger that off too. I'm going to assume since it works without throttling that it's not a malformed URL. Though are you sure Charles, which is intercepting every packet, isn't doing something undesirable? Seems hard to write off.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 8:43 AM   in reply to dmeN

look's liek you've definately found something odd going on.

out of interest can you find a throttle threshold where it starts working again?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to dmeN

Is the server that's receiving the image doing it via something like PHP? If so do you know the PHP scripts timeout setting?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to dmeN

So ASP. A 2032 isn't thrown for fun, there must be a reason flash player (especially at a repeatable exact interval) is thinking it's no longer receiving data.

What do you trace() while the progress happens? Do those events continue to fire after you 2032? I realize "a thread" is still doing it but I'd like to know if Flash itself is aware and still sending events based on progress.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,227 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 18, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to dmeN

are you using the file class, file reference class or bytearray to upload your file?  are you listening for progress events so the player knows updates are occuring?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to kglad

Yes the OP just mentioned the progress events are ending after the 2032 is reached. I'm still thinking this is some kind of server issue rather than flash. Flash is sensing an issue with the server, throws up the appropriate error for that situation. The continuing transfer is strange but how many times has anyone ever packet sniffed flash to see what really happens when that error fires? Perhaps it ALWAYS finishes the transfer and we just never knew.

Regardless, if possible, you should try putting that file on a completely different server. A non-windows box if possible. If you want I can host a test file and give you a direct URL for you to see if my servers act the same as yours.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,227 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 19, 2012 5:20 PM   in reply to dmeN

ohhh, you're uploading data.  (and, it must be a fair amount.)

how much data are you uploading and what's being returned from the server?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to kglad

Yes meaning if it's a technology I support I'll host the upload script and give you an URL to test, assuming it's no proprietary piece of software.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 7:11 AM   in reply to dmeN

If it's PHP the default is 2MB on upload just FYI. Taking a shot in the dark there. You can increase that limit.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points