Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Menus for Blu-Ray

Apr 13, 2012 5:45 PM

Can one build chaptering menus that work in Blu-Ray with Encore?  I normally have worked with Final Cut X but there is no way to build menus for the Blu-Ray DVD.  Thanks

Don

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2012 6:01 PM   in reply to Don8000

What do you mean by "chaptering menus"?

If you are referring to a chapter playlist, the answer in Encore is "no." (I'm wondering if it will be in CS6.)

If you are referring to creating a chapter index (make one menu, link a single chapter, the program add all other chapters frm the timeline and create more menus as needed), for bluray, look at create multipage index.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WSf01dbd23413dda0e-3ea6876 0123ebe30b7c-7fff.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 7:34 PM   in reply to Don8000

Based on what you have said so far, I don't see why you can't do it. But I do not understand what you are doing. For example, "various areas of the whole project" does not tell me whether you are linking to a chapter in the middle of timeline, or just gong to a timeline.

What doesn't work in the BD version?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 2:45 AM   in reply to Don8000

If you want the menus with the chapter buttons (or they might be said to be Video Buttons), then those should be availbale in the Library panel in En if you have installed the functional content as well. There are a lots of menus both SD and HD and you can use them and modify them in photoshop to fit the project requirements.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to Don8000

Encore is available only with Premiere, but is not available in the trial. I believe there is a 30 day money back option. If you buy the current version through May 6, you will get the upcoming version (CS6) at no extra charge. Talk to sales.

Unfortunately, bluray Chapter Playlists are not a feature of Encore. We have no information yet on what changes, if any are coming in Encore CS6, except that it will be 64 bit.

The alternative workflow is to make each chapter its own timeline, then to use the multipage menu index option to create all the menus.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to Don8000

Don8000 wrote:

Some projects are 4 or 5 DVDs in length so having them all on one Blu-Ray would be helpful, in addition to the better image quality. 

Why don't you try dual layer DVDs than to have a pile of DVDs for one project.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan,

If what is said here is correct Chapter Playlists will work in CS6.  Pete Bauer is generally a reliable reporter

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/506859-adobe-announce s-production-premium-cs6-2.html

Also see the imporovements in slideshow features.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to Don8000

Sales told me today that I absolutely can create custom menus with buttons that refer to submenus or anywhere within the timeline in Encore that are functional in Blu-Ray.

Absolutely. I assumed from your general description that you are concerned with such things as whether you can link to a chapter on a timeline, and have the end of the chapter come back to the menu rather than play the whole timeline. With CS6, I don't  think you'll have any problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 2:37 PM   in reply to Don8000

You're very welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers