Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Are protected forms not fillable?

Apr 17, 2012 2:46 PM

Tags: #ios #ipad #reader #form #fill #sign #protected #secured

I've updated to the latest iOS version of Adobe Reader that enables form-filling, and imported several work-related forms with some security protections (changing, assembly, extraction).  Filling,  signing, and commenting are allowed, yet in the app the documents appear as locked and are unfillable.  I even tried extending permissions to Adobe Reader users, but this had no effect.  When I open one of these forms, a lock icon in the lower right iPad screen corner reveals a message that the document is protected and "some edits may not be allowed."  I can fill it out just fine on the desktop computer.  Am I missing something?  Seems reasonable to expect many fillable forms to be protected by the author, so this shouldn't hinder the ability to fill or sign them.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to ckliewer

The current version of the mobile Adobe Reader does not support filling protected forms. This is a feature we're considering for a future release, though it hasn't bubbled to the top in our planning. Thanks for your feedback, it helps us to know what people are experiencing and expecting.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 2:55 PM   in reply to ckliewer

Please reconsider this bubbling to the top of things to do, it would be very helpful for professional users

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

I created an adobe account just for the ability to ask for this feature in the next upgrade. I use secure documents and would like to be able to fill these out on my ipod.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points