• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compiling to iOS in Flash Builder throws Java null exception

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to port a large application from the browser to iPad. It works perfectly fine when I do a 'fast' compile, but when I attempt to compile using the 'slow' packager I get this error:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at adobe.abc.Nsset.match(Nsset.java:263)

at adobe.abc.Name.match(Name.java:555)

at adobe.abc.Symtab.getEntry(Symtab.java:37)

at adobe.abc.Symtab.get(Symtab.java:55)

at adobe.abc.Type.setNeedsArgumentsUpInheritanceHierarchy(Type.java:343)

at adobe.abc.Type.setNeedsArgumentsUptoRoot(Type.java:269)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer$InputAbc.resolveType(GlobalOptimizer.java:5 58)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer$InputAbc.resolveType(GlobalOptimizer.java:4 48)

at adobe.abc.LLVMEmitter.generateBitcode(LLVMEmitter.java:327)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.AOTCompiler.convertAbcToLlvmBitcodeImpl(AOTCompiler .java:472)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.BitcodeGenerator.main(BitcodeGenerator.java:82)

Compilation failed while executing : ADT

I see one other thread where this is addressed but unresolved. Can you direct me as to how to resolve the issue?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've forwarded this to the iOS team.  Please let me know if you don't hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Could you have please have it in our database http://bugbase.adobe.com with all the required files to reproduce the issue.

If possible, please attach the sources as well, it'll help us reach the root cause quickly.

-Thanks

Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any movement on this issue, or a bug I can track? I am having the same issue with Flash Builder 4.6, and the new iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

We would need sample files that help us reproduce the issue, request you to log it @ http://bugbase.adobe.com with all the required files.

-Thanks

Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a brand new, no content, mobile project in Flash Builder and got the same result when it tried to package.

I did solve it though. I had Java 6 release 30 installed on my machine, when I installed Java 7 release 3 I was able to package properly without the error.

I couldn't find anything about a proper Java version needing to be installed, but it should get added to any existing documentation.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that David, It would be really helpful if you could get us some information on following.

What type of project it was (Flex Mobile, ActionScript Mobile etc?) on Flash Builder 4.6?

Is it a 64 bit machine? It's Mac or Win, which version of OS.

What version of AIR SDK version you have in your Flash Builder. (Goto Flash Builder directory\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\4.5.1\bin\ and type adt -version on command line)

We assume that you're using Slow packaging.

Thanks a lot.

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines